PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOB said today that Pop’s lack of snaps had more to do with them being in no-huddle a lot and the types of packages they were running, and Pop’s relative lack of knowledge of the full playbook, as opposed to a benching. Makes some sense. He’s a rookie and also coming from a lower level of competition in college (Liberty). May take time to get up to speed on the whole playbook.
Just a mere coincidence that he was benched immediately after fumbling, and also didn’t see the field when the team actually huddled, then?

i get the whole sending a message thing, but how about a series or something? we really needed him in that game
I’d have to go back and look to confirm, but is there any correlation whatsoever with Bill benching someone for fumbling during the regular season, and that player not fumbling during the playoffs? I remember he did it with Ridley a couple of times and Blount as well.

i get the whole sending a message thing, but how about a series or something? we really needed him in that game
My memory was good with Ridley as at least. He fumbled four times in 2011 before fumbling in the Divisional game against Denver. Maybe when I have more time, I can break down other backs.

My memory was good with Ridley as at least. He fumbled four times in 2011 before fumbling in the Divisional game against Denver. Maybe when I have more time, I can break down other backs.
I am probably misremembering but didn’t Riley have a fumble against the Ravens when he got hit so hard in the head that he was out cold before he even hit the ground?

I’d have to go back and look to confirm, but is there any correlation whatsoever with Bill benching someone for fumbling during the regular season, and that player not fumbling during the playoffs? I remember he did it with Ridley a couple of times and Blount as well.

i highly doubt there is any correlation, and doesnt seem as consistent because I dont think he benched Ezekiel when he fumbled week 1

Just a mere coincidence that he was benched immediately after fumbling, and also didn’t see the field when the team actually huddled, then?

Yes, most likely. Seems credible.

I am probably misremembering but didn’t Riley have a fumble against the Ravens when he got hit so hard in the head that he was out cold before he even hit the ground?
That was in 2012. I don’t blame him for that. Anyone would have fumbled that ball. That was a Bernard Pollard special.

Corral can be full-time on the practice squad without taking up roster space after being cut and clearing waivers. Zappe is back on the 53 now, so Corral and Zappe essentially just traded places. Again.

BOB said today that Pop’s lack of snaps had more to do with them being in no-huddle a lot and the types of packages they were running, and Pop’s relative lack of knowledge of the full playbook, as opposed to a benching. Makes some sense. He’s a rookie and also coming from a lower level of competition in college (Liberty). May take time to get up to speed on the whole playbook.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

That was in 2012. I don’t blame him for that. Anyone would have fumbled that ball. That was a Bernard Pollard special.
Big hit. Riley lowered his head though so it was as much on him as Pollard.

I will never forget that one. It was ugly and then Harbaugh ran on the field congratulated his players for the brutal hit. I wish someone had hit him.

I thought he did get a few snaps after fumbling, but not many.

We cannot go the season running as poorly as we have right? Improvement in the run blocking would make life easier all around. Maybe all the personnel changes delayed progress there?

Goes without saying this is an absolute must win to get the season back on track but things are about to get real ugly if the Patriots lose this game, if you can't beat Zach Wilson then you're heading to 0-4 the following week and 5-12 and people losing jobs in the off season looks legitimately on the table.

Goes without saying this is an absolute must win to get the season back on track but things are about to get real ugly if the Patriots lose this game, if you can't beat Zach Wilson then you're heading to 0-4 the following week and 5-12 and people losing jobs in the off season looks legitimately on the table.
The Jets are not a post season team.

Pats will win and the Mac fan club will be pouring the bubbly in jubilation.

The Jets are not a post season team.

Pats will win and the Mac fan club will be pouring the bubbly in jubilation.
Their defense is nasty. I think the Pats should win but it is more of a toss up for me. If we start slow again and the Jets get out to a 7-0 lead then their D is going to be all over us.

We cannot go the season running as poorly as we have right? Improvement in the run blocking would make life easier all around. Maybe all the personnel changes delayed progress there?
I'd say not. Even before the league ****ed up pre-season I noticed teams in general looked flat the first couple games. Throw in some musical chairs and here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST