PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 (HOU @ NE) Practice & Injury Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said the same thing about ****bag Alex Smith pretending he was Peyton Manning for a night

Anything can happen in this game.

BB lets young QBs complete passes and tantalizes them with passing spots the size of postage stamps in the 4th qtr

Yeah well the Giants beat the Patriots in 07. The Patriots overcame a 25 point SB deficit. Anything can happen. Sure. It's one game.

Looking at the injuries on the Texans side? Plus TB vs a rookie? At home? I'd be shocked if this wasn't at least a 15 pkint Pats win. My guess is vegas will have them at least 5 point favs.

I'd like to see them put Cole Croston in there if Cannon is not starting.

Id take Croston over Fleming and Waddle at LT to protect Tom. But at RT Fleming should be the best option esp. if they want to run first..

They'd probably start Cannon on bad ankle but concussion protocol is another story.. Here's how it works:

How does the NFL's concussion protocol work?

Last edited:
Said the same thing about ****bag Alex Smith pretending he was Peyton Manning for a night

Anything can happen in this game.

BB lets young QBs complete passes and tantalizes them with passing spots the size of postage stamps in the 4th qtr

Then there was Derek Carr in wk-3 of 2014. He almost got it done against the Pats and looked very good doing it - until he was picked off by Wilfork (!) at the Pats' 10 yard line with under a minute left.

But then, that was Carr, not Watson.

Good news on Cannon! Hopefully Valentine is just maintenance and he didn't retweak something yesterday. Always good to have more depth in the middle.

Great news on Cannon as well

I don't understand this. Is he out of concussion protocol? I was checking out the texans forums. And this guy was breaking down the injury report and he was talking about how a guy with the texans was limited and still in the concussion protocol. I thought you don't practice if you're in the concussion protocol? Can someone explain this to me?

Id take Croston over Fleming and Waddle at LT to protect Tom. But at RT Fleming should be the best option esp. if they want to run first..

Re-watching games in the off-season, I got very tired of "False start. Number 71, offense. 5-yard penalty. Still first down."

I don't understand this. Is he out of concussion protocol? I was checking out the texans forums. And this guy was breaking down the injury report and he was talking about how a guy with the texans was limited and still in the concussion protocol. I thought you don't practice if you're in the concussion protocol? Can someone explain this to me?

Here’s the process.

1. Rest and recovery: Until a player returns to the "baseline level of signs and symptoms and neurological examination," only limited stretching and balance activities are recommended. Electronics, social media and team meetings are all to be avoided.
  2. Light aerobic exercise: The NFL recommends 10-20 minutes on a stationary bike or treadmill without resistance training or weight training. The cardiovascular activity is monitored by an athletic trainer to "determine if there are any recurrent concussion signs or symptoms."
  3. Continued aerobic exercise and introduction of strength training: Increased duration and intensity of aerobic exercise with strength training added. An athletic trainer will supervise to watch for recurrent concussions signs or symptoms.
  4. Football specific activities: The cognitive load of playing football will be added and players will participate in non-contact activities for the typical duration of a full practice.
  5. Full football activity/clearance: A player returns to full participation in practice, including contact without restriction.

Cannon is in #4 or cleared completely.

How does the NFL's concussion protocol work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft