PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: On to the Jete

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...will we have pick 10 11 12 13 14 or 15 ? This seems to be the range...

As sad as it is to say I think this Jets roster is better than ours. Shows you how much coaching matters.

Uche and Bower to IR. Seems to be an indication that Andrews, Mason, Jennings, and Hall all each have at least a chance of playing despite missing practice today.

Uche finishes the season with nine games played (one start) and two stints on IR.
Nine tackles, seven QB hits, two hurries and one sack for a total of ten pressures.
178 defensive snaps (19%), 19th on defense.
46 special team snaps (13%), 28th on ST.

Bower finishes with seven games played (three starts), all from week seven on after being promoted from the Practice Squad.
Eleven tackles, one tackle for a loss.
137 defensive snaps (14%), 20th.
25 special teams snaps (7%), 31st.

Well BB activate the Ghost for this one?

I’d still rather NE wins. And if that means 14-15-16 overall, fine. Team can retool in the offseason via trades, FA & draft picks.

This game is crucial. A "win" here could plunge them into the 20s in the draft. The irony is, the Jets have a terrible coach and a roster that is probably capable of an 8-8 season, talent wise. The Pats have a great coach and an awful roster that managed to win 3-5 games more than they should have. We should be in contention for one of the better QBs in the draft right now. Just a disastrous season.

Uche finishes the season with nine games played (one start) and two stints on IR.
Nine tackles, seven QB hits, two hurries and one sack for a total of ten pressures.
178 defensive snaps (19%), 19th on defense.
46 special team snaps (13%), 28th on ST.

Bower finishes with seven games played (three starts), all from week seven on after being promoted from the Practice Squad.
Eleven tackles, one tackle for a loss.
137 defensive snaps (14%), 20th.
25 special teams snaps (7%), 31st.
Whenever people see Uche, they should think of Jeremy Chinn, or Zach Baun (eventually).

Bower is just plain old Garbage, but at least he didn't cost us the feckin 60th pick of the damn draft.

This game is crucial. A "win" here could plunge them into the 20s in the draft. The irony is, the Jets have a terrible coach and a roster that is probably capable of an 8-8 season, talent wise. The Pats have a great coach and an awful roster that managed to win 3-5 games more than they should have. We should be in contention for one of the better QBs in the draft right now. Just a disastrous season.
The Pats cannot begin any worse than #15.

Any team picking in the twenties made the playoffs.

Now whether Belichick will trade down, that is another discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Patriots announced that Andrews, Mason, and Harris are all OUT for the game against the Jetes.

If I'm Bill, I have Herron at LT, Thuney at LG, Ferentz at Center, Onwenu at RG and Eleumenor at RT.

The Pats cannot begin any worse than #15.

Any team picking in the twenties made the playoffs.

N
Yes if they win they’ll be 15 if SF loses, 14 if SF wins.

If the Pats lose to the Jets the teams to watch are Broncos, Chargers, Vikings and WFT/Cowboys. Pats could move up to 10 or 11 if most of those teams win and they might as I think their opponents other than the NFC East have nothing to play for.

10 would be a really good starting point for any trade to move them into position for a top QB in this draft. Won’t really be able to do that at 15.

Great news! In just 17 hours from now this mess of a season ends and the team can tell all of 3 stiffs otherwise known as our QBs to pack their bags and gtfo this team. Yay!

Last edited:
honestly think we're going to see an at Miami 2017 offense. Run every play. don't think coach Bill cares about this game. it was obvious he didn't go all out in the Denver game, why would he try to win this meaningless game. also, lowest tv ratings in a long time for this one...

Great news! In just 17 hours from now this mess of a season ends and the team can tell all of 3 stiffs otherwise known as our QBs to pack their bags and gtfo this team. Yay!
I know this wont be a popular opinion here, but I would not be shocked to see Cam back here. Sure he's been awful. But he's also been a different QB since contracting COVID. It's very possible he has an injury we don't know about. I don't know how else you go from league MVP to what we witnessed this year. It doesn't make any sense. He's barely over 31. Nobody is going to sign him as a starter. If he stays here he at least has a chance to compete for a job.

Here is, as far as I can tell, the best free agent QBs this offseason
1) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
2) Philip Rivers, Indianapolis Colts
3) Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears
4) Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
5) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins
6) Jacoby Brissett, Indianapolis Colts
7) Tyrod Taylor, Los Angeles Chargers
8) Andy Dalton, Dallas Cowboys
9) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions?
Any of those move the needle for you? Can you picture Bill paying market value for any of them? Especially considering we are highly unlikely to contend next year either. Maybe the 49ers move on from Jimmy G? Last time I watched him he was wetting himself in the 4th quarter of the SuperBowl. Not to mention he is constantly injured. Are we going to spend big money on him? Doubtful.

Bill loves a bargain. And unless he is in love with one of the QBs in the draft I think he will draft a different position in round one.

Fact is, it is an incredible feat to have won 6 games with this roster. Very impressive. But it's put us in a really bad position draft wise to get an above average QB. And even if we did get a stud, who's he throwing to? Meyers and 36 year old Edleman? I would not be shocked to see Cam return, hopefully with a better stable of QBs to compete with. The rebuild is not going to happen over night. Our offense was a mess before Brady even left.

I know we were told there would be no math on this test, but I am going to attempt to figure out how much extra Newton can made by not being benched.

Based on these snap counts the Patriots have had 946 offensive snaps (the three QBs: 811+85+50).
That works out to an average of 63 per game, so they should finish at about 1,000 for the season.

That means Newton would probably make the $2 million bonus level (80%) even if he doesn't play, but playing guarantees he doesn't drop down to the 70% level (a potential loss of $250k). Not making Stidham the starter a few games ago may have put another $250k in Cam's bank account.

Missing the playoffs cost Newton $1.5 million - about 50% more than his base salary - in the snap count plus playoffs incentive bonus.

Probably one more CB than I expected. I’m not sure if that says more about the status of JC Jackson or Slater/Bethel (all three questionable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back