PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: On to the Jete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it, but draft position is more important than beating the Jets. It's impossible to make the playoffs even with a win.

SO start our worst squad Bill. Time to get evaluations in for next season done. Use this game to see which guys on on the bubble should even be competing for a roster spot next year.

Looks like this could be a path to #9 overall. Pats accomplished the first of their tasks.

So we're not getting the #9 pick. 10-12 is pretty good and we could package something together for a higher pick to get Lance who is the guy I think is worth taking a shot on. We need the QB. Once we have that we have tons of cap space to begin putting together a roster. We've gotta stop trying for QB's in the mid rounds.

Go for a top prospect, if we hit on him that would be a total game changer for our organization moving forward.

Last edited:
Pick 10-12 is a good spot to be in this draft. Trading up to pick 5-6 would cost an additional mid-late 2nd in draft capital. The elite WR prospects would also likely make it as well.

You could get your franchise QB with pick 12, a comp 3rd & a future 2nd. Must lose game. :D

If the Pats win what is their position at 7-9? #15?

don't know, SB....have no idea who BB will take with our first pick either, although I'd bet it's a linebacker or D lineman. We aren't a new age franchise as long as BB is GM, so I doubt he'd pick a QB in the 1st round. More like 3rd or 4th round I'd guess.

So there you go.

Why would anyone think a few days of reps with the starters flip a switch and make Stidham an NFL level starter? It won’t, and Bill just pretty much agreed.

Damn, they know he sucks even without giving him meaningful snaps lol.

Announcers for this game will be Tom McCarthy and Jay Feely, names one would until this year never associate with working a Pats broadcast.

McCarthy is a guy whose primary job is an announcer in Philadelphia for the Phillies baseball games. In his offseason he does NFL games on the radio. Feely is a sideline reporter most well known for missing three field goals in a game a few years ago, that spun off into a SNL skit and an NFL Films parody.

CBS had to reach deep in their rolodex for them because they have eight games on tv, but only six broadcast teams. Yes, this is how low the Patriots have sunk.

If the Pats win what is their position at 7-9? #15?
If the Patriots win and finish 7-9, then 14th if SF loses to Seattle, 15th if the Niners upset the Seahawks.

For draft order the only tiebreaker is the strength of schedule. It's not like playoff tiebreakers where there are other criteria like head-to-head record, etc.

These are the teams that could potentially finish 7-9 (with their Strength of Schedule):
6-9 Cowboys (.465) * / 6-9 Washington (.465)
6-9 Chargers (.490)
6-9 Vikings (.508)
6-9 Patriots (.533)
6-9 49ers (.544)
7-8 Raiders (.542)

* Somebody has to win the NFC East, so no matter the outcome there it won't effect the Pats draft slot. One NFCE team will pick 19th and the rest will pick earlier than the Patriots.

If the Patriots win the only team that can pass them for an earlier pick is SF.

That’s both Jets Rbs that played against us this year out for this game. Might be getting tough for the Pats to drop this one...

McCourty, Bentley, and Guy are at practice. Not great news on the other young front 7 guys, though. That's who we would've wanted to see more this weekend.

McCourty, Bentley, and Guy are at practice. Not great news on the other young front 7 guys, though. That's who we would've wanted to see more this weekend.

I’m finding it challenging to care.

Wouldn't be shocked with any outcome at this point. I'd still like to see the younger guys make some good plays.

This could be a 0-0 tied game as neither team wants to win
Actually Jets are locked in at number 2 no matter what. So they have every incentive in the world to go all out and win their last 3 by beating us. We on the other hand gain more losing to the Jets

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (6-9)​

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
C David Andrews (calf)
DE Tashawn Bower (neck)
LB Terez Hall (ankle)
LB Anfernee Jennings (shoulder)
G Shaquille Mason (calf)
S Devin McCourty (shoulder)
LB Josh Uche (foot)
LIMITED AVAILABILITY
LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (shoulder)
DT Adam Butler (shoulder)
LB Shilique Calhoun (knee)
LS Joe Cardona (ankle)
DT Byron Cowart (back)
T Jermaine Eluemunor (ankle)
K Nick Folk (back)
DT Lawrence Guy (shoulder)
RB Damien Harris (ankle)
T Justin Herron (ankle)
CB J.C. Jackson (knee)
WR Donte Moncrief (thigh)
WR Matt Slater (knee)
FULL AVAILABILITY
No Players Listed.

I'm reading down the scenarios and I'm like...this can happen and then I get to the last two and I'm like ugh....Maybe KC sits players though
I thought I heard on Sirius XM that Mahomes is Not playing...?

Front 7 will be pulverized nonetheless, as we have come to expect.

Damn shame that Gore had to end his season (career?) without a chance to feast on our crap-tastic run defense one more time.

Cam probably to start in the finale. As in his finale with this team.

That is an absolute feckin Disgrace to the Human Race. If Cant breaks Grogan's record...

I thought I heard on Sirius XM that Mahomes is Not playing...?

Damn shame that Gore had to end his season (career?) without a chance to feast on our crap-tastic run defense one more time.

That is an absolute feckin Disgrace to the Human Race. If Cant breaks Grogan's record...

I just heard the same thing about Mahomes, that could push us ahead of SD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back