PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 16 pregame thread: Pats @ Broncos

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolina ain’t winning another game

So what you're saying is we gotta incur a double loss in one of our next upcoming games. What better time for us to revolutionize the NFL by getting the first double loss? I think this squad could make it happen!

Surprised he’s playing at all with his arrest

He is barely playing, no sacks and only a few tackles all year as he recovers. Turn out to be a huge bust of a FA signing for the Bills.

Denver is in the Playoffs hunt meaningful game for them can't see Payton loing this one what that Roster. 17 Points gets Denver this game.
10 points likely gets Denver in.. LOL

He is barely playing, no sacks and only a few tackles all year as he recovers. Turn out to be a huge bust of a FA signing for the Bills.
He's 33, was a great player, 2 ACLs for a aging player... bills gave him a huge contract.. most likely off reputation if anything.

1012260.jpg
Maybe he was thinking of his time in '78.. that inspired him to build the offense.

Denver's at home, still in the wild card hunt. Pats are in the draft pick hunt. Who's more motivated?

The second half has been so relaxing with no expectations. Been a long time since there’s no regular season stress lol

SF & Dal have better records than Den/Buf. Meaning, Patriots would struggle with an "easier" sched as opposed too Commanders tougher schedule. That may work in NEP favor when both teams finish with 4 wins. It sux head to head doesn't come into play though.

Washington is definitely a concern. They are getting blasted by the NYJ right now. You would think that would give hope that to the idea that the Jets can muster out a win in NE. Of course, NE's D is way better than the Commanders.

AZ will lose to Chicago today. Probably to Seattle as well sans Seahawks resting players for postseason. Which is unlikely. 49ers is an automatic loss.

Things are looking dicey.

Last edited:
Hate that this is the reality but, this game is must-lose of we want a top 2/3 pick. Commanders are tanking also and both them and the cards could jump us if draft if Pats mess around and win a game or two.

H2H isn’t the first tie-breaker so an even record would jump Wash ahead of us because of SOS.

Man…BB to Wash for a 2 would be a real coup. Be an early rd two pick AND we don’t play Wash again until BB would have likely already retired.

The Commanders will put Brissett in but only when he has zero chance to orchestrate a miraculous comeback.

He's 33, was a great player, 2 ACLs for a aging player... bills gave him a huge contract.. most likely off reputation if anything.

Yes, on reputation, agreed. It is similar to posters suggesting 3 first round picks + pay $40M a year for Justin Herbert. Herbert might work out, but he has never won anything, so it is huge risk that could set the franchise back for years. It is better to target FA and trade targets that have a higher % chance of succeeding even if the price tag is high.

Just cracked my first beer.
Go Pats!
**** Russel Wilson and the Donks

Yes, on reputation, agreed. It is similar to posters suggesting 3 first round picks + pay $40M a year for Justin Herbert. Herbert might work out, but he has never won anything, so it is huge risk that could set the franchise back for years. It is better to target FA and trade targets that have a higher % chance of succeeding even if the price tag is high.
I agree! He hadn't won squat. He just needs coaching. I wouldn't give up 3 first rounders that's too much! QB's salary for good qbs I'll say is north if 40 million. I'm all in on drafting the right guy and signing FAs.

At Denver and at Miami is where they really struggled.

8-11 from 2000-2019.

Have been 0-4 since 2020.

I remember Joy Taylor saying on her show during her Colin Cowhert days that Jason Taylor told her the Dolphins had the advantage on teams struggling in the humidity. Many teams were gassed as the game when on.

Ditto with the high altitude in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft