PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 16 Other Games

I don't get how the Chargers are always so bleh. Their roster on paper has been insane yet they always looks so average
Bad OL and awful OC. Sound familiar?

If KC wins next week does Buffalo have anything to play for the final week?
Yes

Buffalo has to be tied with KC or be a game up to keep the 1st seed. If KC keeps winning Buffalo must as well if they want the AFC Championship in Buffalo.

Yes

Buffalo has to be tied with KC or be a game up to keep the 1st seed. If KC keeps winning Buffalo must as well if they want the AFC Championship in Buffalo.

But if KC loses and Buf wins next week, the Bills have nothing to play for in week 18. AND if KC and Cin win out, the Bills have nothing to play for week 18.

But if KC loses and Buf wins next week, the Bills have nothing to play for in week 18. AND if KC and Cin win out, the Bills have nothing to play for week 18.
You mean if KC losses to Denver? LOL!!

You're wrong about the latter bit too. Unless you think Buffalo is just going to lay down and assume both KC and CIN win their week 18 matchups.

At kickoff, BUF vs NE in week 18, Buffalo will still be playing for something.

You mean if KC losses to Denver? LOL!!

Yes. Highly unlikely I agree.

But Cin might beat Buf this week, and then if Cin wins week 18, I think Buf has nothing to play for.

Herbert's season is shaping up to be rather mediocre.
He's #3 in yards (6 yds behind #2 Burrow). He's #2 in pass attempts behind Brady. He's completing 68% of his passes (#4). He's been sacked 37 times (#8) behind a terrible OL, bad run game (#31) and terrible OC that's wasting his talents. Chargers are Bucs-West except their D isn't good.

But Cin might beat Buf this week, and then if Cin wins week 18, I think Buf has nothing to play for.
If CIN beats BUF, then Buf drops to #3, CIN #2 & KC #1 (w/ W over DEN). All three play at 1:00 the final week. If BUF wins, KC loses vs LVR & CIN loses vs BAL they jump back to #1. But even if KC wins but CIN loses, they can still get the #2 seed.

If they beat CIN & KC beats DEN, then they still need to W final week in case KC wins and they lose.

I don't see any scenario where they don't play it out.

Edit: If BUF wins & KC loses then maybe they take it easy since even if they lose last game & KC wins, they still hold the #1 seed. But will KC lose to DEN?

Last edited:

You're stating it like BUF is playing after the CIN week 18 game is final. BUF will be kicking off before or at the same time as CIN.

He's #3 in yards (6 yds behind #2 Burrow). He's #2 in pass attempts behind Brady. He's completing 68% of his passes (#4). He's been sacked 37 times (#8) behind a terrible OL, bad run game (#31) and terrible OC that's wasting his talents. Chargers are Bucs-West except their D isn't good.
He has 21 TDs and 10 INTs... not great. His WRs are excellent. Ekeler has 11 rushing TDs. Herbert is below expectations. Especially compared with what he did his rookie season and last season.

He has 21 TDs and 10 INTs... not great. His WRs are excellent. Ekeler has 11 rushing TDs. Herbert is below expectations. Especially compared with what he did his rookie season and last season.
Brady has about the same numbers so I'd be careful if you're calling Herbert mediocre

You just described Brady.

Herbert: 4254 / 21 / 10 / 37 sacks
Brady: 4178 / 21 / 9 / 19 sacks

Herbert: WRs missed multiple games. Run game #31. OL is trash. OC is trash.

Brady: WRs missed multiple games. Run game #32. OL is trash. OC is trash.

Herbert: 9-6
Brady: 7-8

Herbert: 4254 / 21 / 10 / 37 sacks
Brady: 4178 / 21 / 9 / 19 sacks

Herbert: WRs missed multiple games. Run game #31. OL is trash. OC is trash.

Brady: WRs missed multiple games. Run game #32. OL is trash. OC is trash.

Herbert: 9-6
Brady: 7-8
Ok, 45-year-old Brady is having the same season as a 24-year-old elite quarterback.

Chargers had a 10.5 O/U at start of season. They've won 9 and have a good chance to win final two (LAR & DEN).

Bucs had a 11.5 O/U at start of season. They've won 7 and will be lucky to win 8.

Herbert is not the Chargers problem.

Ok, 45-year-old Brady is having the same season as a 24-year-old elite quarterback.
You can't use Tom's age as an excuse.
I'm one of the biggest TB fans on here and he's playing bad for his standards

I don't look at it the same way. I think that Herbert, Mac and Brady are all facing similar challenges: bad OL & poor coaching (play schemes). Mac and Brady have good Ds. Herbert doesn't. Mac has a decent run game. Brady and Herbert don't.

Given the above, Mac has the best conditions since he has a good defense and decent run game to support him. Brady is in between since he does have a good defense. Herbert is worse off w/o the defense support the other two have.

To me, Herbert is excelling given the above challenges, Brady is performing but should be doing better than he is, and Mac is underperforming. No excuses for any of them. All three are veteran NFL QBs. Mac gets a pass because its only his 2nd year but Herbert only has 3. Brady gets zero excuses.

BTW, Herbert's 2nd year was very similar to Mac's, bad OL, new schemes, new bad OC, etc. He excelled last season with one of the worse defenses in the league. That's why I'm not buying all these excuses being made for either Mac or Brady.

Both Mac and Herbert are facing tougher divisional competition as well. Brady's divisional competition is a cake walk.

I feel bad for whichever QB gets drafted to the Colts holy ****
Irsay still views Ballard as a top GM, what a goober. He did also give Reich the vote of confidence 10 days before he fired him. It’ll be interesting to see what he does with this GM that has accomplished nothing in six years.

especially since he was an MVP candidate last year. You don't go from 43 touchdowns to 21 touchdowns for no reason...

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back