PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

yeah... but miami always gives us fits...

Matt Rhule has to be hoping Sam Darnold is all healed up by now if he wants to salvage anything in this season
Isn't Darnold out for the season?

Isn't Darnold out for the season?
he's on IR, but thats not a season-ender anymore... depends on if his shoulder has healed i suppose... iirc the injury was on his non throwing scapula... but i dont say that with any certainty...

Right.

Pats 1-0
Titans 1-1
Chiefs 0-1

Seems obvious to me who should win the tiebreaker here.

I agree the Pats will get the tie breaker, but the Chiefs didn't play the Pats...that's why I'm saying it doesn't make sense. And if you throw the Ravens in there as a potential 4 way tie, they are 1-0 (vs KC) in that group...

im not sure conference record was ever first in a tie breaker... division maybe, but not conference
huh? send that to rainmaker
The conference record was always the main indicator of what team wins if they didn’t play each other.

These are the new rules which are terrible.

One of the refs in the Browns game accidentally threw a flag onto a coach’s head. Lol.

I agree the Pats will get the tie breaker, but the Chiefs didn't play the Pats...that's why I'm saying it doesn't make sense. And if you throw the Ravens in there as a potential 4 way tie, they are 1-0 (vs KC) in that group...
In that case if the Ravens are also 1-0 in the group of 4 then the next tiebreaker(s) are looked at for the 1-seed but only between NE and Bal.

Jacksonville’s offensive line could be the worst I have ever seen.
The entire offense is bad. Why they decided to go with Etienne at the bottom of the first round when they could have snagged Jenkins or Eichenberg while then grabbing either Elijah or Rondale Moore, is beyond me. Outside of Lawrence and possibly Campbell, it was an extremely suspect draft.

Some injuries today.

Reliant Stadium's field has another casualty to non-contact injury in Kamu Grugier-Hill.

Lamar Jackson out with an ankle injury.

Even “just” a high ankle sprain would be a real problem for him and the Ravens.

Chargers need to come up big for the Pats vs KC on Thurs. Hopefully Keenan Allen, Derwin James, Asante Samuel Jr. will all be back for that game.

In that case if the Ravens are also 1-0 in the group of 4 then the next tiebreaker(s) are looked at for the 1-seed but only between NE and Bal.

I did that scenario on ESPN playoff machine. Assuming the Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, and Titans all go 13-4 to finish the season, the Pats get the 1 seed, the Titans are 2, Baltimore 3, and KC at 4. Both the Pats and Ravens would be 1-0 in the group, so based on what you said, the Ravens should be 1 or 2.

I did that scenario on ESPN playoff machine. Assuming the Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, and Titans all go 13-4 to finish the season, the Pats get the 1 seed, the Titans are 2, Baltimore 3, and KC at 4. Both the Pats and Ravens would be 1-0 in the group, so based on what you said, the Ravens should be 1 or 2.
I am sure if there’s a tie coming out of tiebreaker #1 then the next tiebreaker is assessed only involving the two teams that “won” the tiebreaker. I’ll have to look at it myself.

Either way “fair” or not, H2H/best win pct among the teams tied is always the first tiebreaker no matter what. It’s just a tiebreaker it doesn’t have to be rocket science for “fairness”.

Jaguars Jaguars...

Cam...Cam...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe