PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

These rules are terrible. It used to be conference record first. Now it’s a mess.
im not sure conference record was ever first in a tie breaker... division maybe, but not conference

because it doesn't fit his argument?

It doesn't make sense that if all the teams in a 3 or 4 way tie did not participate in a H2H with one of the other teams for that team to get screwed.

I was thinking of the same thing. He is just...
happy make it rain GIF by Capital One

because it doesn't fit his argument?
@MAC10 disagree all you want... doesnt make you right... the criteria list literally says Head to Head as the first tie breaker under 3 (or more) clubs

team a beats team b
team c beats team b
team b loses the tie breaker...

then its applied to team a and team c

Parsons will be an Hof

It doesn't make sense that if all the teams in a 3 or 4 way tie did not participate in a H2H with one of the other teams for that team to get screwed.
W-L percentage among the tie breaking teams is the rule. Shrug.

If the Pats beat the Titans and Titans somehow end up seeded higher than us anyway even with the same record- that sounds more unfair to me.

im not sure conference record was ever first in a tie breaker... division maybe, but not conference
I think that changed in 2002… just in time for the Pats to lose that tiebreaker to the Jets and miss the playoffs. If it was the old way they would have made it.

he's had a good start so far... but hes what, 12 games into his rookie season? little early to be measuring him for a gold jacket, no?
He looks so good that i think so

Hope to see a game switch, this is ridiculous

I think that changed in 2002… just in time for the Pats to lose that tiebreaker to the Jets and miss the playoffs. If it was the old way they would have made it.
when they went from 3 divisions to 4 divisions... still dont understand why conference record would have been the first tie breaker instead of division

Reactions: sb1
@MAC10 disagree all you want... doesnt make you right... the criteria list literally says Head to Head as the first tie breaker under 3 (or more) clubs

team a beats team b
team c beats team b
team b loses the tie breaker...

then its applied to team a and team c
Right.

Pats 1-0
Titans 1-1
Chiefs 0-1

Seems obvious to me who should win the tiebreaker here.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back