PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 13 Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the F**k was that roughing? Brady gets hit like that at least 2-3 times a game and it doesn't get called

This is how the Ravens beat Seattle. Stupid mistakes.

These roughing the passer penalties are so damn annoying. F*** it rough his ass up

ravens are spanking everyone

49ers are lucky they get to play them now before possibly getting them in the Super Bowl.

Weeks?

We're going on years.

Also there's no evidence to suggest running QBs are more likely to get hurt.

If Jackson gets hurt, he gets hurt. He's been playing like this a long time.

I'll disagree with this strongly. How do you measure "injuries"' when many of them are invisible? A shoulder stinger, a bell-ringing (heard an interview with Meriweather, where he pretty much confirmed that DBs get dinged and dizzy all the time, and that they call defensive formations to protect someone who got rung up).

So maybe running QBs don't get the season-enders at a higher rate, but they surely get the hammy pulls, the shoulder stingers, the mild concussions more - and you can't hide a QB in those situations very well.

Jackson took a shot last week going out of bounds, a helmet right on this throwing arm. Those add up.

49ers have the Ravens at 4.6 yards per play. You figure that’d be enough

Sorry..49ers have no chance with the refs calling these bogus roughing the passer calls. Hope I am wrong.

how the F**k was that roughing? Brady gets hit like that at least 2-3 times a game and it doesn't get called

Yeah, that was his thigh, not his knee. And it wasn't late.

Still waiting for any consistency from him as a thrower. Not sure it will ever be there.

Weeks?

We're going on years.

Also there's no evidence to suggest running QBs are more likely to get hurt.

If Jackson gets hurt, he gets hurt. He's been playing like this a long time.
Other than RG3 and Cam Newton?

ravens are spanking everyone

The ravens aren't spanking the 49ers. They are playing a hard fought game with them. This game so far has been two heavy weights going at it.

Yes, that's the gamble. If we whiff on gap discipline or lose the hat on hat battle- it's goodbye.

But look at the Chargers- that's what they did. They had the size and physicality with their DB's. Derwin James is listed as a safety but he is a big bully. I think we could come pretty close to imitating that.
yep, like putting in joejuan seems like a good move. But if we have all of him, JC, Harmon on the field and guys like elandon and bentley off, then I can certainly see us losing the hat on hat battle.

Still, I'm with it. We're one of the only defenses in the league where I trust our DBs to be left in cover 0 while we dedicate the front to the run game. Stack the box with speed on the second level and crowd the line. Probably as effective as anything will be.

Let's see if this niners offense can function in a 2 minute in tough conditions.

Run it down their throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand