PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 13 Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Jete. Looks like they're hung over from last week's big celebration.

just saw a great 4th down play in Miami...soooo creative!!!

WHAT A PLAY BY THE DOLPHINS!!!

That Miami trick play TD was quite something. Pretty cool.

Yeah unless there are some turnovers or huge plays on first down I think this game will go exactly as you would expect with the Ravens continuously driving down the field.

If this rain keeps up, yes. Ravens are built for it. If it wasn't so wet, I'd give SF the edge.

Still waiting for any consistency from him as a thrower. Not sure it will ever be there.
Agree. He can be amazing to watch in the right circumstances. But, I still believe he will struggle greatly if the running ability were taken away either from decreased OL performance, a defense with the personnel to stand up to it or whatever.

I'll disagree with this strongly. How do you measure "injuries"' when many of them are invisible? A shoulder stinger, a bell-ringing (heard an interview with Meriweather, where he pretty much confirmed that DBs get dinged and dizzy all the time, and that they call defensive formations to protect someone who got rung up).

So maybe running QBs don't get the season-enders at a higher rate, but they surely get the hammy pulls, the shoulder stingers, the mild concussions more - and you can't hide a QB in those situations very well.

Jackson took a shot last week going out of bounds, a helmet right on this throwing arm. Those add up.
30 second Google search. All due respect not interested in opinion.

Injury Proneness of Running QBs is Overstated | Football Outsiders

Injury proneness of running QBs like Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson is ...

Deebo was always a solid player at South Carolina but looks much better in the pros.

Glad to have Wynn back after watching 49ers having success running the ball. Pats aren’t the best by any means at running the ball this season but at least they’ll have a little more push. Were so one dimensional that last game.

Sanders dumb penalty, negates gain.

Still waiting for any consistency from him as a thrower. Not sure it will ever be there.

He doesn’t like to get hit. That’s when he starts to be inconsistent.

Nzeocha missed his assignment on the LJ TD run.

49ers need 7 here if possible.

Mostert has some wheeeeels

yep, like putting in joejuan seems like a good move. But if we have all of him, JC, Harmon on the field and guys like elandon and bentley off, then I can certainly see us losing the hat on hat battle.

Still, I'm with it. We're one of the only defenses in the league where I trust our DBs to be left in cover 0 while we dedicate the front to the run game. Stack the box with speed on the second level and crowd the line. Probably as effective as anything will be.

We're built to be a cover 0 type of defense and have done it many times, e.g., the cover 0 blitz. We were built with KC in mind, but could easily adapt to what Ravens are doing.

Really ? SF wastes 30+ seconds there ?

Shaping up to be a hell of a game. Marquee matchup that got lost in the 1pm shuffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes