PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 11 Games Thread

Better than Mac. That’s like cheering when you lose a finger because you didn’t lose an arm.

He’s a loser in the true sense : 29-30. He makes wonderful throws and people forget that later in the game he’ll lose it for you. Weapons abound, as do the losses.
How is he losing the games? Have you watched them play?

Johnston had a crucial drop yesterday to extend the drive for an easy first down for example. In other games their defense can’t stop a nosebleed

If your smurf buddy wasn’t laughably awful that wouldn’t happen.
College Football Sport GIF by Louisville Cardinals

What Week 11 showed me is that no NFL team is tanking. Giants, Broncos, Bears, Cards etc busting a gut to get wins and that's what I want and expect to see from the Pats next week. If any teams look like they don't perhaps want it as bad as some, I'd say it's the Commanders (Howell chucking endless ducks) and the Jets (Wilson...enough said).

Last edited:
If Belichick won a single football game with Danny DeVito, Dobbs, Thompson-Robinson, Wilson, etc. or if he were 6-4 with Pickett we’d be hearing about how no other coach is in his class.

Team Bill is either lying or they don’t watch any football outside the Patriots. Probably both.

Jordan Love is borderline terrible. The Packers are 4-6.

The Giants have won as many games with DeVito and Taylor as the Patriots have won all season with Jones.

The Jets are 4-6 with one of the worst starting QBs of the 21st century, no exaggeration.

The Bucs are 4-6 with Baker Mayfield.

The Rams are 4-6 despite being in total free-fall personnel-wise.

The Raiders are 5-6 despite Jimmy playing so bad he was benched and starting an unimpressive rookie.

The Colts are 5-5 with Minishew.

I get it: Mac is bad QB. But to act like he is the singular worst QB in the league and that this is some kind of overarching excuse is ridiculous. There are plenty of teams competing, and winning games, with bad and even abysmal QB play, winning with backups, etc. These locker rooms didn’t implode and no one is crying for the poor coach and GM. The Patriots at least have their starter unlike plenty of teams who are dealing with injuries at QB and starting scab level players.

Bill is a bad coach.

Last edited:
What’s up with the Steelers Matt Canada hate? When I see their games it doesn’t typically look like inept scheming, usually just looks like they don’t have the most talented roster. Pickens is decent but Pickett isn’t and their backs and other receivers are just OK. Don’t know how a different OC would somehow “unlock” this roster.

While Canada isn’t a good oc he’s really not THAT bad. Thing is Theres lots of steelers fans around the country and lots in the media. Fans tend to scapegoat to ignore deeper and more serious issues with the team, so canada is an easy target. The rest of the team is supposedly being held back by this one person. we kinda did this with patricia last year and some are trying that with mac this year.

For a year and a half, people have tried everything in their power to avoid admitting that kenny pickett is absolutely terrible and only now when it’s painfully obvious people are slowly coming to that realization. They are also really not that great at the skill positions other than pickens who is a nutjob and who knows if he’ll ever be able to apply his talent. Diontae/friermuth/najee have been overhyped by Stephen a and the rest of the ballwashers , none of them scare anyone.

Team Bill is either lying or they don’t watch any football outside the Patriots. Probably both.

The Giants have won as many games with DeVito and Taylor as the Patriots have win all season with Jones.

The Jets are 4-6 with one of the worst starting QBs of the 21st century, no exaggeration.

The Raiders are 5-6 despite Jimmy playing so bad he was benched and starting an unimpressive rookie.

I get it: Mac is bad QB. But to act like he is the singular worst QB in the league and that this is some kind of overarching excuse is ridiculous. There are plenty of teams competing, and winning games, with bad and even abysmal QB play, winning with backups, etc. These locker rooms didn’t implode and no one is crying for the poor coach and GM. The Patriots at least have their starter unlike plenty of teams who are dealing with injuries at QB and starting scab level players.

Bill is a bad coach.
In some of those games you listed someone made a big play in a close game to get a win. There's been 3-4 games with the Pats if someone made a play at the end, we'd have at least 2 more wins. That's how tight it is in the NFL some games.

The Giants have won as many games with DeVito and Taylor as the Patriots have win all season with Jones.

Bill is a bad coach.

When Bill still KINDA had it we were 7-9 with cam Newton and that byrd guy at wr. Cant even remember the te’s names other than the rookies that never played. Hes fallen so much even from that.

This year the afc is as bad as i can ever remember. Maybe even worse than the Brady acl year. Zero excuse to not at least be on the bubble of these playoffs.

In some of those games you listed someone made a big play in a close game to get a win. There's been 3-4 games with the Pats if someone made a play at the end, we'd have at least 2 more wins. That's how tight it is in the NFL some games.
And if the Bills and Jets had made a play or two at the end, we’d be 0-10.

Last edited:
Big game tonight. Everyone should tune in and see how the best team in the NFL was constructed and coached. I'm not talking about the Chefs either.

Bill is a bad coach.
"We saw a poorly coached team led by Bill Belichick let's face it he's not good anymore!"
- Trent Dilfer (probably)

Last edited:
Good qb and very good coaching because the team isn’t talented at skill positions. They are just very well coached.
Agreed, they kind of remind me of the early 2000s' Patriots. You look at the rosters and I'd take ours over theirs, except for Quarterback. And therein lies the rub!

Bill is a bad coach.
Excellent post. The NFL is full of bad teams with bad players and bad coaching. The reason we stink must be because we are even worse in all of those areas. To put it all on the QB is simply nonsense. There has been a systemic failure at the Pats to go again after TB12 and that's on BB's plate and he needs to own it, as do the BB homers.

damn, all this talk about Purdy. Shanahan and McCaffrey are the most important parts of that offense. remember what Shanahan did for Matt Ryan

regular season:
117.1 passer rating
69.9 completion %
9.3 YPA
4,944 yards
38 TD
7 INT

playoffs:
135.3 passer rating
71.4 completion %
10.3 YPA
1,014 yards
9 TD
0 INT

What Week 11 showed me is that no NFL team is tanking. Giants, Broncos, Bears, Cards etc busting a gut to get wins and that's what I want and expect to see from the Pats next week. If any teams look like they don't perhaps want it as bad as some, I'd say it's the Commanders (Howell chucking endless ducks) and the Jets (Wilson...enough said).
Tanking is for loser fans and only the franchises owned by the lowliest of owners such as the Colts. These are pros with pride and millions of dollars in future contracts on the line. I hope we go 9-8.

The Giants have won as many games with DeVito and Taylor as the Patriots have won all season with Jones.

Bill is a bad coach.
bill murray oscars GIF

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3