PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 1 OFFICIAL Post-Game Thread: Patriots lose close to the Eagles

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sucks to lose but a lot to be encouraged by. If you told me before the game that Parker, Jack Jones, Onwenu and Strange would all be out today, Mac would throw a pick 6, but they'd only lose by 5 and were in position to win at the end, I'd have been in shock. Bill should've kicked the short field goal towards the end of the 4th and it would've been a different outcome in all likelihood.

Showed they were good enough to win, played to lose, turnovers and poor coaching decisions the Pats undoing. That said, it was nice to see a functioning O and another sterling performance by the D, shame to walk away with a "moral victory."

The game was a lot closer than I thought. The defense was pretty solid but the offense was far too uneven and it ultimately cost them the game. Those two turnovers killed them and I think belichick's decision not going for a field goal in the fourth hurt them as well

Who thought going into this game that the Patriots would be driving for the potential winning touchdown with a minute left in the game? Yes, they fell short, but they outperformed my expectations and left me optimistic for the rest of the season.

When are we going to start winning these close games again?

D is going to be elite but the offense needs to do their part

D was really impressive.

O line better than expected.

WR’s up and down.

Mac made a few but also threw some abysmal throws.

BB was not great with situations IMO.

Beat Dolphins next week( tall order), and this one won’t be a big deal.

They came out fighting after the first qtr trash. Defense looked good, offense could come together and look good. it was a mistake to not play starters in the preseason in my opinion. But this game came down the the wire, was a great fight back, I’m optimistic

11 rookie starting, heart pounding until the last minute, I’m good with it.

I feel like we outplayed them and still lost. Some may find that encouraging but I don't.

Sucks to lose but a lot to be encouraged by. If you told me before the game that Parker, Jack Jones, Onwenu and Strange would all be out today, Mac would throw a pick 6, but they'd only lose by 5 and were in position to win at the end, I'd have been in shock. Bill should've kicked the short field goal towards the end of the 4th and it would've been a different outcome in all likelihood.
I'm fine with going for it there, you need to try to take the lead before running that defense back on the field again to try to lock it down. I thought the playcalling on 3rd and 4th down were absolute dogshit.

I get why people would be encouraged by this win - but this isn't a rebuilding team anymore. They need Ws, and this was a W that they gave away. A 'better-looking' 8-9 isn't acceptable. Tua threw for like 500 yards today, and he'll be here next week.

Yes, the defense is elite. Yes, the offense looked better, penalties cleaned up - but conversely, you handed the Eagles 13 points in the first quarter. You're not going to win games doing that. And you need to be able to adjust your playcalling faster when the other team is sitting on screens and spot screens.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back