PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI Programming Changes. Fuaria and Keefe being moved

I believe it gets better - I had heard somewhere that Adam Jones is headed to WEEI, and I believe was going to drive time. I wasn’t a huge fan of him there, so I don’t see how that changes now.
Where did you hear this? Adam jones is ok in doses, but I’ve never heard a more negative person in my life. Sometimes I wonder why he even watches sports, it’s almost as if he hates everything about it

Pairing him with Christian Arcand? Do they think two mediocre knock offs of Felger paired together will beat the OG Felger?
Arcand and Jones were together on 98.5. It was amazing how they could spin anything, including things they previously advocated for, to be negative. They were so bad I moved to WEEI. Clearly the program managers think we are all idiots.

Last edited:
I believe it gets better - I had heard somewhere that Adam Jones is headed to WEEI, and I believe was going to drive time. I wasn’t a huge fan of him there, so I don’t see how that changes now.

That would take the incompetence to a whole new level.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I called that they were going to force Christian Arcand on us. Now he is hosting the afternoon show. I don't know how WEEI believes they can go up against Felger with a cheap imitation of a guy (Adam Jones) who is a cheap imitation of Felger.
If "going up against Felger" is a challenge, the the state of sports talk radio in this region is dire.

Go look at the ratings.
Chad Finn had the article last week. WEEi is gaining ground but it’s not even close. I think the share for 98.5 was over 20 if I recall.

Pairing him with Christian Arcand? Do they think two mediocre knock offs of Felger paired together will beat the OG Felger?
No idea. All I know is I was disappointed. I was fine with how it was, but no one cares what I think.

Jones is expected to move over to WEEI in January as one of its afternoon drive hosts.

************, that is awful. Every time I have the displeasure of listening to that all-negative-all-the-time douche, I think of this legendary movie line:

That goes for a handful of posters here as well. :evil:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
How in the world did WEEI think that Arcand and Mego were ready for the key prime spot of afternoon drive? Arcand was let go from the Sports Hub a few months ago because they didn't need a third rate Michael Felger. Now Arcand is going up against Felger.

I said the second that WEEI picked up Arcand that they would try to force him down the listeners' throats.

98.5 did this when they took Felger from The Big Show and put him against Ordway.

Felger is a third rate Felger.

98.5 did this when they took Felger from The Big Show and put him against Ordway.

Felger is a third rate Felger.

Felger had his following when he went to 98.5, but Felger left the Big Show long before he went to 98.5. Felger had a show on that weak radio signaled AM sports talk competitor of WEEI for a number of years before he went to 98.5. He was actually pretty good on that show. But he wasn’t a contrarian then.

Felger on 98.5 when he first got there was pretty good too as a contrarian. Now he is just phoning it in. But that happened to Ordway too.

How in the world did WEEI think that Arcand and Mego were ready for the key prime spot of afternoon drive? Arcand was let go from the Sports Hub a few months ago because they didn't need a third rate Michael Felger. Now Arcand is going up against Felger.

I said the second that WEEI picked up Arcand that they would try to force him down the listeners' throats.

In addition, Mego is unlistenable. Call me old-fashioned, but in this day and age having a VOICE suitable for radio still should count for something.

In addition, Mego is unlistenable. Call me old-fashioned, but in this day and age having a VOICE suitable for radio still should count for something.
Thanks for this post...I thought it was just my unacknowledged misogyny. I want to reach through the car radio and throttle her whiny little pathetic idiocy spewing windpipe.

Because of the situation going on with the Bills, I made the mistake of turning on WEEI this afternoon, after Bedard's time on 98.5, to see if they had anything different to report.

Remarkably, that show's even worse than I thought it would be. Merloni must be home laughing his ass off at that garbage, taking comfort in knowing that, while he got let go, the **** show they replaced him with might just be worse than any high school radio program in the country.

im so bummed. the only time im not in my car is when keefe is on, and he's my favorite host.

Don't @ me.

I stopped listening to WEEI about 7 years ago, and I haven’t missed it one bit. Misery lives company, and that’s talk radio.

Jones' mini Felger schtick coming to EEI? To think the once great WEEI has come to this is a joke. The station that had the original Big Show with Ordway, et al, that had the Godfather of Sports Talk (back when it was actually fun!) Eddie Andelman...Adam Freaking Jones...yuck

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back