PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We signed Clayborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited by this move. The dude gets a ton of pressure and has a non-stop motor. With this, Shelton, and J-Mac (plus returns from injury), the D is already significantly better than that slop we trotted out in the SB.

Edit: And for a team-friendly contract, to boot.

Last edited:
I did not expect an elite pass rusher because of our salary cap but Clayborn seems to be the guy we were looking for. I mean a typical DE who will mitigate T. Flowers in harassing QB. Along with Shelton and Brown we have got quite good front seven at least on the paper.

Can he play the run? Looks like all in all a pretty fair deal for both sides. May look like an overpay for us later but hopefully we’ll get a solid year or two outta him. Not a great season minus the Cowboys game.

I look at this as a rotational move. The Defensive LOS looks like it has gone from a weakness to a formidable strength.

LOS - Solid. Can't wait to see a goal line stance with Brown, Shelton, VV at the center.

Where's the Beef? Right here in New England.
upload_2018-3-17_8-10-58.png

Secondary - Wonder Twin power activate. Plus Gilmore, Chung, Harmon etc..

UnfoldedSlowBluet-max-1mb.gif

Let's get a couple of solid veteran LB's and I'll consider the Defensive issues "SOLVED". :D

I look at this as a rotational move. The Defensive LOS looks like it has gone from a weakness to a formidable strength.

LOS - Solid. Can't wait to see a goal line stance with Brown, Shelton, VV at the center.

Where's the Beef? Right here in New England.
View attachment 19799

Secondary - Wonder Twin power activate. Plus Gilmore, Chung, Harmon etc..

UnfoldedSlowBluet-max-1mb.gif

Let's get a couple of solid veteran LB's and I'll consider the Defensive issues "SOLVED". :D
And one CB please. Either on draft or someone like Breaux.

I’m hoping they bring back Harrison too. They would only use him sparingly but he would be good for certain situations or to spell Flowers at times. Plus he brings a nice vet presence. Shouldn’t cost much.

High hopes on Rivers. A year ago in pre season he showed some sparks. I trust he will confirm his abilities this year.

Front 7 is looking better already. Still time in FA as well to maybe pick a player or two up.

Plus we are also getting Rivers back, who apparently was looking ok in camp.

The Draft we can address Pass Rush, LB and possibly another CB. Imagine we will look at Chase Edmonds as a RB in the draft.

Quite pleased with how FA has gone, gutted we lost solder though.

He's a pass rusher who doesn't really get to the QB, but I don't think anyone is expecting much from him, so I'm not sure overrated is really accurate. Overpaid might fit, but we'll need to see the details before we can really know that.

He had 56 pressures last year, so the QB was feeling him a lot.

Still need more DE help, but a solid signing nonetheless

Still need more DE help, but a solid signing nonetheless

Yup, we always need another pass rushing DE. I just think that this is no longer a high priority, especially since we get some inside pressure from the DT's.

DT: Brown, Valentine, Shelton, Guy, Butler
DE: Flowers, Clayborne, Wise, Rivers, Lee

And yes, I'm fine with Lee (someone who can start) as our #10 DL.

I agree with most everyone that we need a LB to replace Flowers (or to re-sign Flowers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back