PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 1m
Revis since 2010: 56 games, 223 targets, 100 receptions allowed for 1,334 yards.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 2m
Talib since 2010 (via @PFF): 56 games, 265 targets, 156 receptions allowed for 2,422 yards.

Was there really any doubt of who the better cornerback is?

Revis was the best defensive player in the league before he got injured.

Two years removed from the ACL injury, he should be back to that level.

Now we just really need to work a Wilfork deal in order to resign edelman and a safety or Woodyard.

Re: Revis' Agent denies he signed with the Patriots.

I'm betting on Schefter. I'll continue to celebrate until he retracts, which he hasn't done.

**** that guy.

Watching BB's Football Life on NFLN and saw Revis pick off Brady. Suddenly not as angry anymore :D

Front page on NFL.com says it is true.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if Schefter would come out and tell us to ignore that evil man who keeps saying it isn't done.

When can we expect his first presser? I want him to see him with some new Patriot swag so Jets fans really freaking lose it. Add in a few references to Brady, "Mr Kraft," the GOAT coach and their entire fan base might go on suicide watch. Maybe he'll even mention "the Patriot Way."

Show me Revis, on camera, at ESPN or NFLN...burned too many times by these blabbing morons and their tweets.

I don't know if this has been posted yet (haven't read the entire thread), but the 2014 franchise tag number for a CB was $11.834M. So essentially if the Pats had franchised Aqib Talib in order to maintain control of him, they would have paid almost exactly what they are paying Darrelle Revis on a 1 year deal.

OMG! YES!!

tumblr_mt0t9aQTTn1qd4fqho1_500.gif

Super Bowl here we come.

I'm betting on Schefter. I'll continue to celebrate until he retracts, which he hasn't done.
If I were a guessing man I would say the terms have been agreed and Revis needs to pass his physical which will be a fait accompli. At that point, I'm hoping that's what makes the move official.

Sorry I haven't been posting my keyboard keeps getting coated by some fluid.

This is the likely scenario.

I don't know if this has been posted yet (haven't read the entire thread), but the 2014 franchise tag number for a CB was $11.834M. So essentially if the Pats had franchised Aqib Talib in order to maintain control of him, they would have paid almost exactly what they are paying Darrelle Revis on a 1 year deal.

What would it cost to tag him next year? 20% premium? $14.5M. Wonder if part of the contract in no franchise tag

If I were a guessing man I would say the terms have been agreed and Revis needs to pass his physical which will be a fait accompli. At that point, I'm hoping that's what makes the move official.

The NFL has to approve the contract. Agents and Pats will nto announce until official.

This might be a dumb question but will he count as $12million against the cap? Or could it be structured in a way where he receives some as a signing bonus so that only x amount counts against our cap?

So we let talib walk, and somehow upgrade the position at the same cost as the franchise tag? Bb is a genius folks. I hope that this thing is true. Bb, now shore up the oline and dline please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes