PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Gave Up A 2nd Round Pick For Sanu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanu is going to make several huge catches in the fourth quarter of one or more playoff games.

When he does, I’m gonna quote this post, and I better get multiple “Likes” “Winners”, and “Geniuses”!!!

I’ll have my finger ready to delete every one of my posts. It will be a race with a lot on the line.

Meyers 63.4% catch rate 13.8 yards per reception
Sanu 54.8% catch rate 7.5 yards per reception

Patsfans reality vs delusion edition

Patsfans delusion :
sanu is injured
Brady is trash now

Reality :
Sanu is trash (always been)
Brady is injured

Sanu is going to make several huge catches in the fourth quarter of one or more playoff games.

When he does, I’m gonna quote this post, and I better get multiple “Likes” “Winners”, and “Geniuses”!!!
What’s up Mo

Meyers 63.4% catch rate 13.8 yards per reception
Sanu 54.8% catch rate 7.5 yards per reception
Needs to clean up the drops (and maybe he has!), but Meyers seems to have something the other guys are missing. He made that awesome 4th-Q play on a ball that, watching live, I was 100% sure was an interception. (Didn't look quite as close on replay but still - a great catch.) And he seems to always scratch out a couple extra yds after the reception.

Patsfans reality vs delusion edition

Patsfans delusion :
sanu is injured
Brady is trash now

Reality :
Sanu is trash (always been)
Brady is injured
Wouldn’t call him trash, but another lumbering possession type was not what this team needed from the WR position. They needed someone that can get open at the deeper and more intermediate levels. Sanders was had for a 3rd and a 4th and the 49ers got a 5th back. I’d be much better with that compensation for Sanders in this offense instead of a two for Sanu.

I admit to being miffed about his lousy blocking on that fourth down just before the half.....

And I also haven't forgotten that he ain't no Nostradamus ("We are about to drop 40 on these guys" in SB 51)....

That being said, I think he will be much better down the stretch....

Sanu is the moron who said that?? Oh jeesus f christ, I didn’t realize that was him. Remember thinking what a ****y idiot he sounded like and was glad there was a contrast of intelligence between the two teams. Somehow, your post has made me hate him even more.

Those half ass block attempts last night may have cut it on losers like the Bengals and Falcons but not here. He needs to get his **** together for the playoffs. Fine, you don’t make that many plays in the passing game. Whatever it happens. But you better give 100% blocking

Looks like the GDT toxicity found itself an overflow tank here.
I think the thread title was a magnet for such long before yesterday's NE-BUF game.
Sanu is slow and can not separate. Not sure what he brings to the table, but it is clear he has not mastered the playbook yet.
The playbook issue could be a thing, but one thing I read when he came here was that he was known for good hands and ability to win contested catches, and he hasn't showed that often enough. Maybe he's surprised when the ball shows up because he doesn't understand the playbook but one would hope his instincts would kick in and he'd make the catch more often than he does. Hate to say it but some players come here and show that they'll never master our playbook. I hope he isn't one of those players since he is under contract for next year.
Sanders would have been a better trade, and that's pretty much a settled fact at this point.
What is not a settled fact is if Elway would ever offer Sanders to us regardless of the offer. To me it's pretty obvious Sanders was the better choice in terms of performance when healthy versus Sanu and the offer of a 2nd should have gotten it done, so to me the most plausible explanation is that Elway and the rest of the DEN front office simply didn't want NE to have Sanders so they went with the SF offer. BB has lusted after Sanders before ( he put in a bid for him that PIT matched back in the old days ) and it was pretty clear a good WR would really help NE and it's no reach to say someone like Elway would be spiteful and would not want to deal with the blow back from the DEN fan base if Sanders came to NE and helped us win another SB. It is also pretty interesting that Samuel's "injury" healed so fast once he got to SF. One article I read said that SF was initially targeting Sanu due to concerns over Sanders's contract (expensive, and he is a free agent at the end of the year) and his injury, but they could not offer enough for ATL to make the deal for Sanu so they "settled" for Sanders.

Last edited:
Preferred Gordon tbh....a second was too high.
I guess that is why we are not GM’s. BB seen that flood coming down the river. They seen something telling with Gordon that turned out spot on.

At this point, it’s pretty much impossible to say that Sanders wasn’t a better choice, particularly given the compensation.

But Sanu is here now. I think the biggest selling point and hope we can have for him is that by all accounts Brady was pushing for him and excited to have him on the team. If we think that counts for something, then we can hope there’s something better to come and a lot of this is just the high ankle sprain, although admittedly that doesn’t excuse some of the other issues.

At this point, it’s pretty much impossible to say that Sanders wasn’t a better choice, particularly given the compensation.

But Sanu is here now. I think the biggest selling point and hope we can have for him is that by all accounts Brady was pushing for him and excited to have him on the team. If we think that counts for something, then we can hope there’s something better to come and a lot of this is just the high ankle sprain, although admittedly that doesn’t excuse some of the other issues.

Belichick was also reportedly trying to trade for Sanu for years, he definitely saw something in him.

Belichick was also reportedly trying to trade for Sanu for years, he definitely saw something in him.

nobody should trust Belichick's WR evaluations.

Sanu will come up big in the playoffs. Also, don’t forget about the trick plays...they’re coming...

NFL asking Pats for emails and texts in the filming of Bengals coaches backs on the sidelines. This isn't going to end well. What a joke.

NFL asking Pats for emails and texts in the filming of Bengals coaches backs on the sidelines. This isn't going to end well. What a joke.

why are you spamming every thread?

why are you spamming every thread?
Bc he's a terrible poster that offers no insight, original thought or info? It's all he offers.

This thread should add a poll for

Worse 2nd round pick: Jordan Richards or Mohammed Sanu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes