PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Wild Card Round, vs Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all of us who thought this defense was overrated all season were called “chicken littles” :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Titans are down Malcolm Butler, Cameron Wake & possibly Adoree Jackson. They are basically average across the board with a below average pass defense, decent pass rush & above average run defense.

The OL should be able to run the ball & pass block well for the 4th straight week. The tom that showed up vs. the Bills wins the game & the one that showed up vs. the Bengals & Dolphins will be tough.

Defensively, it'll be on Gilmore to rebound. If he can take away AJ Brown the Pats should be able to load the box to stop Henry. They've been mostly a 1 player offense in the receiving game since Tannehill took over.

Brady & Gilmore are huge in this game.

Brady's arm apparently regressed this past week. (Too much throwing against the Bills?)

The only thing that will help it at this point is rest.

Sanu, Harry, Meyers need Brady reps to get more in synch.

Brady's arm needs to chill out this week if it is going to be functional against TN.

Tough situation but we've seen Brady suck it up and play in crazy circumstances before.

I can't say I'm confident but I'm fascinated to see what happens.

I'm ok with any result as long as the Pats play with heart.

Please don't lets have another just-punching-the-clock effort like we just saw.

Silver lining: We get to watch the Patriots again in only 5 and a half days

Silver lining: We get to watch the Patriots again in only 5 and a half days

That's not a silver lining, whatsoever. Both Brady and Edelman are banged up.

They ****ed up big time yesterday and are going to pay for it.

It's good that the Patriots play the late game on Saturday. A little tuck rule magic would be great against the Titans. I sure hope the fans are in full throat to help jack up the team. They were so flat from the jump yesterday.

vs Titans W
@ Chiefs W
@ Ravens w
vs Saints W

Christmas came late for you. I bet you were hoping we lose to the bills last week too. Its a win win for you if pats lose or win this week. You get to rail on the team.
Tenn maybe playing well..but we have seen how this translates week to week. Buffalo was playing even better when they came in and with a much better defense statistically. You seem to not mention the drives the PATRIOTS QB put together in that week but happily cite AJ McCarron.
This team is capable of playing better. Unfortunately they arent consistent enough and this happens to teams in some seasons. Be grateful we have seen very less of it in the BB/Brady era. We could be the Rams , sitting at home after a SB run.
Sure, but Tannehill is a better, more experienced quarterback who's had spurts of success vs the NE defense (including a perfect rating last yr)....still, no excuses vs a 9-7 team

Sure, but Tannehill is a better, more experienced quarterback who's had spurts of success vs the NE defense (including a perfect rating last yr)....still, no excuses vs a 9-7 team
In Tanny's last 10 starts the Titans are averaging 30.4ppg.

This offense is no joke.

This offense is no joke.
Closer to an 11 win team if Tannehill had started the season from the get go.

This offense is no joke.
Derrick Henry is also the rushing champion so they are perfectly poised to attack one of our only weaknesses on defense. This will not be a walk in the park. I picked the Pats but only because I think it will be a toss up.

This defense is very good. The problems are on offense.
This is the modern-day NFL. Anyone pining for a total shutdown defense is not going to get it.
Your offense needs to put points on the board.
Remember: a couple years ago the Patriots threw for 500+ yards, never punted, and still lost the game. In the Super Bowl. Things have changed. You need to invest at least a little in your offense. Who gets paid top dollar at our skill positions? Any WR? No. Any RB? No. Any TE?? No. Hell, not even the QB. You get what you pay for.

Derrick Henry is also the rushing champion so they are perfectly poised to attack one of our only weaknesses on defense. This will not be a walk in the park. I picked the Pats but only because I think it will be a toss up.
I'm not as down on the run D as others. The problem is Henry is so good even if the Pats keep him contained hes still gonna hit 100yds and keep the pass rush honest. That'll bring the LBs up and Brown and Davis on single coverage.

They are ranked 6th in the league in rushing defense, so it's not really a weakness. Granted, the run D has not looked sharp at times...

They are ranked 6th in the league in rushing defense, so it's not really a weakness. Granted, the run D has not looked sharp at times...
The point being that the Pats defense is weaker against opponents on the ground than they are through the air. The Tits are an offense that can exploit that. We should be able to move the ball against their D, too. This should be a big game for both Michel and Burkhead. They need to be the focal point of the game plan.

Best qb of all time, supposed "dominant" defense, "phenom" first Rd rcvr, best coach of all time, at home... NO EXCUSES

Best qb of all time, supposed "dominant" defense, "phenom" first Rd rcvr, best coach of all time, at home... NO EXCUSES
If the titans can’t beat this QB who doesn’t have any answers, wow.

Pats defense finished first in points and yards allowed. In 2019 they are what a really good defense looks like. Yesterday was bad and they let the team down. Offense will need to help with 20+ if they have a chance Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes