PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the JETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Jete scored 38 points yesterday against Green Bay so we cannot take them lightly. Lots at stake in this one:

-Pats win or Houston loss: 2 seed (and playoff bye)

-Pats win and KC and LAC loss: 1 seed

-Pats loss and Houston win: 3 seed

I hope the passing game finally wakes up, but with rumors of Brady’s knee I’m a bit worried. I am willing to bet we will rely heavily on the running game for the remainder of the season.

On defense if we can shut down Robby Anderson we should be ok...

Probably going to be Todd Bowles’ last game and the Jete are in play for the 3rd overall pick.

Last edited:
The Jete scored 38 points yesterday against Green Bay so we cannot take them lightly. Lots at stake in this one:

-Pats win or Houston loss: 2 seed (and playoff bye)

-Pats win and KC and LAC loss: 1 seed

-Pats loss and Houston win: 3 seed

I hope the passing game finally wakes up, but with rumors of Brady’s knee I’m a bit worried. I am willing to bet we will rely heavily on the running game for the remainder of the season.

On defense if we can shut down Robby Anderson we should be ok...

Probably going to be Todd Bowles’ last game and the Jets are in play for the 4th overall pick.
You got it right in your post but in your thread headline: it's the Jete, not the Jetes -- like sheep. Also on to, not onto.

You got it right in your post but in your thread headline: it's the Jete, not the Jetes -- like sheep. Also on to, not onto.

While we are on the subject, can anyone explain the origin/history of the JETE name?

While we are on the subject, can anyone explain the origin/history of the JETE name?
Read the OP on the Jets Suck thread, it's in the itemized bullet points.

Read the OP on the Jets Suck thread, it's in the itemized bullet points.

Tune, what is the proper pronunciation of "jete"?
Is it "Jeet"?
Or "jet-AY"?
I kinda like je-tay as that's the French ballet term. Makes me picture them in tutus...
...On second thought, that's not a good thing.
Oth,jeet rhymes with sheet... more appropriate.

Tune, what is the proper pronunciation of "jete"?
Is it "Jeet"?
Or "jet-AY"?
I kinda like je-tay as that's the French ballet term. Makes me picture them in tutus...
...On second thought, that's not a good thing.
Oth,jeet rhymes with sheet... more appropriate.
I say jeet and you are correct to reference it rhyming with sheet, a la "The Jete played like sheet." If you say jet-ay, the French connotation makes it sound kind of classy, yet we all know there is nothing classy about the Jete.

I wonder if the JETE will mail it in. One more win they could be picking 8th or 9th instead of 3rd or 4th...

Because I had daughters who did dance classes, my understanding is a jete is a dance move.

The Jete scored 38 points yesterday against Green Bay so we cannot take them lightly.

Not to take the Jete lightly, but the Packers - out of the playoffs and with an interim HC - may have throw in the towel.

Darnold hasn't been significantly better than Josh Allen, and the Jete offense overall hadn't been setting the world ablaze since week-6 until yesterday.

Meanwhile ... the JETE defense (thru wk-16):

25th in passing yds allowed - 15th in passing TDs - 17th in yds/att
26th in rushing yds allowed - 24th in rushing TDs - 21st in yds/att

Significantly worse than the Bills, across the board.

OTOH ..
2nd in 3rd-down conversions allowed .. 6th in RZ TDs allowed

Because I had daughters who did dance classes, my understanding is a jete is a dance move.
It's also a crap football team. But your definition is pronounced differently so the two can't be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes