PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all need to temper our expectations

His ceiling is probably Matt Ryan and I'm pretty ok with that.

I'm gonna be patient with Mac just like I'm patient with every other player which means I won't even start thinking about him being a bust for at least a season and a half of games.
This would be more than ideal. Matt Ryan might end up in the HOF & have a ring or two if not for being a Falcon.

This would be more than ideal. Matt Ryan might end up in the HOF & have a ring or two if not for being a Falcon.
Never thought of Matty Heisman as a HoFer but he's got the stats.

I just want Mac healthy when the Miami game ends. Flores is going to spin the dial and go after that knee all game. We need to protect, protect, protect Mac.

Prediction for 2021-2022- you can take it to the bank!

19-1. Loss to Tampa Bay in Week 4. Without checking, New York video ref Walt Anderson overturns winning Mac Jones passing TD because football was underinflated.

Patriots videotape Jets game from illegal location. No one cares.

Malcolm Butler comes out of retirement. Belichick apologizes and plays Butler 100% of defensive snaps.

Robert Kraft opens chain of massage parlors.

With 30 seconds left in Super Bowl LVI, rather than hand ball to Leonard Fournette, Brady audibles pass to Antonio Brown from two-yard-line. Butler jumps route and intercepts Brady on goal line.

Brady blames Subway Spicy Italian BMT (Big. Meaty. Tasty.) Footlong he ate just before the game.

Butler named SBLVI MVP. Gives Brady pick-up truck.

Gronk re-retires. Giselle leaves Tom Brady for Mac Jones.

Roger Goodell fired.

Honestly this team is built for Jones to be successful. Great defense, offensive line, running game. And a rebuilt offense featuring two tight ends, slot guys and multiple catching running backs. Not to mention great coaching. Compare that to what some rookies get thrown into. Like any Jets rookie.

All Mac Jones has to do is read the NFL defenses and make the right throws. Easier said than done. But he's shown in preseason and camp that he can do that.

I think this team is going to look totally different this year. And I'm excited to see what unfolds

Easy there. You had better tamper your expectations.

Sure, and before that we spent 30+ years in misery. So?
Many teams would gratefully accept the misery of the Bledsoe era and even the Eason era. Going to the playoffs and the Super Bowl is beyond the hopes of many teams and their fans.

Many teams would gratefully accept the misery of the Bledsoe era and even the Eason era. Going to the playoffs and the Super Bowl is beyond the hopes of many teams and their fans.
I don’t think many teams think going to the playoffs a few times a SB every 20 years or so is beyond their hopes. Other than the Jets I don’t think there is a fan base who thinks it’s crazy to hope for a Sb appearance by 2040.

Never thought of Matty Heisman as a HoFer but he's got the stats.
Not a name most would think of but if he called it a career today he'd have a decent case. A few more years and it'll be tough to keep him out.

It'll be interesting, we're going to see a lot of really good QB's with no rings up for debate - Rivers, Ryan & Romo vs Eli, for example. Who wasn't as good but waa lucky. What's that old saying ... "Better to be lucky than good" More than a few guys who had the unfortunate luck to play when Brady was tearing up record books.

Almost like winning rings is random with lots of craziness involved.

Not a name most would think of but if he called it a career today he'd have a decent case. A few more years and it'll be tough to keep him out.

It'll be interesting, we're going to see a lot of really good QB's with no rings up for debate - Rivers, Ryan & Romo vs Eli, for example. Who wasn't as good but waa lucky. What's that old saying ... "Better to be lucky than good" More than a few guys who had the unfortunate luck to play when Brady was tearing up record books.

Almost like winning rings is random with lots of craziness involved.

I think Manning's credentials are boosted (rightly or wrongly), not only because of the two rings, but because of who he beat to get them (and the circumstances that shall not be named around the first one). Plus his name, which SHOULDN'T factor into things, but 100% will.

well...after reading this thread I'm going to have to timber my expectations.... :cool:
I don’t like the timbre of this thread.

Gross lol

I'll eat anything. In 2018 a friend and I ate bugs during a preseason game. Every time the other team scored we had to eat one of the bigger ones. Every time the Pats did something bad like a penalty, TO, we would have one of the little ones.

Gilmore being out has tempered my expectations more than Jones starting which actually raised my expectations. It's not the I think Gilmore is still at the DPOY level. It's that he's still a plus player and the replacements aren't. If you move Jones to the outside you're weakening two positions. If you leave him inside that means you're starting either Mills or Williams which means you're going to have to slant the coverage that way. Jackson is a great #2 but he was exposed last year against the 1's a bit.

The DL is going to have to play lights out and get pressure without blitzing. They cannot have an injury to Judon or Uche. Lastely somebody inside has to generate some consistent rush.

My fear if the secondary gets exposed, especially if Gilly is out longer than expected, we're going to see a return to bend but don't break. God please not that. It's as bad as the Cam offense.

I'll eat anything. In 2018 a friend and I ate bugs during a preseason game. Every time the other team scored we had to eat one of the bigger ones. Every time the Pats did something bad like a penalty, TO, we would have one of the little ones.

Sounds like good protein intake...

Prediction for 2021-2022- you can take it to the bank!

19-1. Loss to Tampa Bay in Week 4. Without checking, New York video ref Walt Anderson overturns winning Mac Jones passing TD because football was underinflated.

Patriots videotape Jets game from illegal location. No one cares.

Malcolm Butler comes out of retirement. Belichick apologizes and plays Butler 100% of defensive snaps.

Robert Kraft opens chain of massage parlors.

With 30 seconds left in Super Bowl LVI, rather than hand ball to Leonard Fournette, Brady audibles pass to Antonio Brown from two-yard-line. Butler jumps route and intercepts Brady on goal line.

Brady blames Subway Spicy Italian BMT (Big. Meaty. Tasty.) Footlong he ate just before the game.

Butler named SBLVI MVP. Gives Brady pick-up truck.

Gronk re-retires. Giselle leaves Tom Brady for Mac Jones.

Roger Goodell fired.
You missed Rham2k

Dumas.
489px-A.Dumas[1].jpg

I was depressed after Brady left and we had as much hope as the Bungles last year.

We get a promising young rookie QB to keep our hopes high on the future of our team for possibly years to come.

But I am told to temper my expectations.

Hell No. I will continue to feel like I am at an all you can eat lobster and Filet buffet with free lap dances

If it does not work out then at least I got to smile a bit for this upcoming season

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back