PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all need to temper our expectations

I don’t see it that way. He will have up and downs but i expect a lot of ups. Solid OL. A running game. Kid knows what he’s doing. Don’t be shock if we make the playoffs.

Mac Jones has looked solid throughout the preseason. I knew whenever Brady was gone, whoever replaced him long term has huge shoes to fill. We watching 20 years of great football with Brady at the helm and Mac may end up being a decent QB but there will never be another Brady and we shouldnt expect him to be like Brady. Even if Mac becomes like Matt Ryan, he wouldn't be Brady. Older fans will remember before BB had Brady, he had a losing record with the Browns and still had alot to prove, he led the browns to 11-5 record in 1994 but losing records every other year he was the coach in Cleveland. There will be growing pains this season as there is with any rookie QB but I think we do have our QB of the future, he has the accuracy.

The correct word you're looking for is temper as in temper our expectations. Right, @ashley1992?

My expectation is that this is going to be fun to watch. Maybe more in a roller coaster way than a carousel way, but fun.
I think this is going to be a fun team like the 2001-2004 kind of fun. Good defense, offense that runs the ball and plays smart football but adapts the game plan to the opponent and can come out and throw a lot if it makes sense. A team that can play any style and beat anyone.

the force awakens resistance GIF by Star Wars

I wanna win the East again and sweep the Dolphins. That's all I wanted last year with Cam. Let's see if we can get it with Jones.

I'm braced for a slow-ish start. Frankly we also often had those with #12 under center so that wouldn't be anything new. But I d o think Jones will pick up his game as the season goes on.

I'd say my current baseline expectation is: An uninjured Chad Pennington.

If we can meet that baseline with Mac, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY.

The GOAT is the GOAT for a reason...and what he did.....will probably never ever be matched.....

But notice that I used the word, "PROBABLY" above.... LOL

I don’t see it that way. He will have up and downs but i expect a lot of ups. Solid OL. A running game. Kid knows what he’s doing. Don’t be shock if we make the playoffs.

Yes that's right. I think with the big money they spent on free agents, this team could still win 10 games and make the playoffs. Just don't expect a ring. It will be fun to watch the kid grow week to week. He'll probably take a bunch of sacks as NFL defenses show him looks he's never seen before.

As long as he provides stable Qbing, that would be a huge win from a financial perspective. A starting Qb for 5 seasons at a cheap cost... and if it’s not cheap all 5 years that means he’s done extremely well to force an early extension .

I'm braced for a slow-ish start. Frankly we also often had those with #12 under center so that wouldn't be anything new. But I d o think Jones will pick up his game as the season goes on.

Don't underestimate what kind of D we're going to have. I think it's a big reason BB decided to pull the trigger on starting Mac.

1630444967617.png

It was the best of times, it shall continue to be the best of times!

I know, I know. I quoted A Tale of Two Cities. Some do mixed metaphors. I do mixed literary references.

WOMP WOMMMMMP.

Respectfully, no.

"We all need to tamper our expectations"

Monday Adam GIF

Don't underestimate what kind of D we're going to have. I think it's a big reason BB decided to pull the trigger on starting Mac.

No Gilmore is a big deal. The secondary is completely different without an elite CB1.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back