PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re onto Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments:

- Worried about Jakeem Grant vs. our coverage units. Dude has been making plays.

- Yes, this is a must win period. If we lose, I am gonna be pushing the panic button.

- The good news is that there are only three undefeated teams left and everyone else is 1 game up on us. A win vs. Miami puts us back at .500 and a game behind everyone ASSUMING K.C. also loses at home to Denver (not far fetched given Von Miller forcing the ball out faster).

Comments:

- Worried about Jakeem Grant vs. our coverage units. Dude has been making plays.

- Yes, this is a must win period. If we lose, I am gonna be pushing the panic button.

- The good news is that there are only three undefeated teams left and everyone else is 1 game up on us. A win vs. Miami puts us back at .500 and a game behind everyone ASSUMING K.C. also loses at home to Denver (not far fetched given Von Miller forcing the ball out faster).

I think KC is going to absolutely demolish Denver.

The Dolphins are like the Lions in many regards on offense, but on defense, are better. Tannehill is 10-1 (or something close) in his last chunk of games, and could easily put up big numbers against this Foxborough Middle School defense (he has a 121 rating so far...). Kenyan Drake hasn't been great so far, but should be able to get 4+ yds/carry against us, while Frank Gore, I pray, doesn't pose too much of an issue. If I recall, their TE's aren't too relevant, but they have a very deep group of WRs - Stills, Parker, Amendola, etc. Our defense really needs to step up this game, because the Dolphins are a very underrated team, and could give an upset. The Dolphins secondary is headlined by Howard and Jones, but they have some weaknesses across the rest of the secondary. I don't think we can set up the run until we can effectively set up the pass, so it will be critical for us to do that. If Gordon plays, then it's a big difference, since you have their best CB likely on a guy who won't be catching a bunch, but can leave easier coverage for the rest of our team. But be careful, this could be another upset if we don't score 28+

The Dolphins beating this Patriots team would not be an upset. They are better at every position but QB and TE.

Re-watch the game. Look behind Brady when he's on the bench. There, in the background, clearly labeled on the handset of one of the field phones, is the name of our savior. Yes, that label reads Ernie. This is the week Ernie works his magic, finding all the little things the Pats did wrong, extracting the root causes, while also identifying the tells and mistakes the Dolphins have made so far. Have faith.

Ernie thought drafting Sony Michel was smart.

The Dolphins beating this Patriots team would not be an upset. They are better at every position but QB and TE.

That's how we stack up against a number of teams in the league...better at 2 or 3 positions and not so much for the other positions. Honestly, if I were a GM and wanted to beat NE, I know I can't get a better QB so I get the best QB possible and stack the offensive and defensive lines, then fill in the WR/RB position and then secondary.

That's how we stack up against a number of teams in the league...better at 2 or 3 positions and not so much for the other positions. Honestly, if I were a GM and wanted to beat NE, I know I can't get a better QB so I get the best QB possible and stack the offensive and defensive lines, then fill in the WR/RB position and then secondary.

Ah so you'd just try to build the best team you could? Very bold approach.

That is the obvious approach every team takes. The issue is the lack of talent on the Patriots. It's not just that there are talent gaps at every position, the issue is how wide those gaps are. We would take their 3rd or 4th receiving option over our #1 right now. We can't run block, and they are significantly more talented at every level of the defense.

When they take away Gronk, what option do the Pats have to move the ball. Hope for Gordon???? It has seriously come to that. At least we have an over 30 slot receiver coming off an ACL in a week. Good times.

I think the Gordon hope seems a bit desperate, as if we are leaning far too heavily on an earlier prowess. He's really just a big name right now, whose had no real chance, given his past 5 years, to be anything but that. It's true he may chance upon a few good plays, but can we expect more? I don't think so.

What ever happened to "next man up" on this team? It's always worked before, but in 3 of our last 4 games, there has been embarrassing lapses on one or both sides of the ball. I'm hoping that last Sunday's game was just a bizarre, way out of character, performance.

I think KC is going to absolutely demolish Denver.

And if your streaming QBs, Keenums a good one to have as theyll most likely be playing from behind.

And in a year or two we'll actually know if he was right or not.

We already know it wasn't. Nothing against Michel, but the position was not worth a 1st round investment.

I think the Gordon hope seems a bit desperate, as if we are leaning far too heavily on an earlier prowess. He's really just a big name right now, whose had no real chance, given his past 5 years, to be anything but that. It's true he may chance upon a few good plays, but can we expect more? I don't think so.

What ever happened to "next man up" on this team? It's always worked before, but in 3 of our last 4 games, there has been embarrassing lapses on one or both sides of the ball. I'm hoping that last Sunday's game was just a bizarre, way out of character, performance.
The next man up won’t work at the WR position because the first men up have not been good. Gordon is very much a desperation trade borne out of bad decisions being made at the position in the offseason.

The next man up won’t work at the WR position because the first men up have not been good. Gordon is very much a desperation trade borne out of bad decisions being made at the position in the offseason.

It's not just this offseason. The inability to develop WR talent has been an issue for much longer than that.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
The pats are always in a tough position at WR. If they try to go out and spend big $s there is a good chance that whomever they get wont fit and then they are screwed. Cooks was great but you cant go 80 mil for him. With JE back and both him and DA over 30 (plus the $ we would have needed to sign DA) you have to move on from him.

These types of moves have kept the team competitive for 20 years. Plus TB can make ok WRs decent. Its a formula. Dosent always work i.e DA in 2013 (hurt), Ocho (sucked) etc....

So, I think they took the only approach they could which was try to find some good players who could potentially be decent here, like they did with Lafell and to some extent Hogan (when he is a 2-4th target) and even Lloyd.

Having Gronk is like having an elite WR so there is leeway there as there is a bit with White.

So, you have to throw some **** against the wall - Britt, Matthews, CP and hope that people stay healthy and work out. If Britt and Matthews were healthy I bet this would have all been moot. They were hurt, JE got suspended, Mitchell couldnt play, and the Pats had to move quickly to find solutions, but its not easy. Now they have to do what they have to do.

I think there’s some desperation because we tried to bolster the position, it didn’t pan out, and we lost Jules for 4 games. The wideout position needs an infusion of talent, and Josh Gordon is the most talented wide receiver this franchise has ever had since Randy Moss. We all remember the last time we scored an Uber talented wide receiver for brady.

We want more of that.

Ah so you'd just try to build the best team you could? Very bold approach.

The point is a lot of teams that we used to manhandle are catching up to us. Those teams just spread their talent out more than NE does. Green Bay is another team with the same problem.

Re-watch the game. Look behind Brady when he's on the bench. There, in the background, clearly labeled on the handset of one of the field phones, is the name of our savior. Yes, that label reads Ernie. This is the week Ernie works his magic, finding all the little things the Pats did wrong, extracting the root causes, while also identifying the tells and mistakes the Dolphins have made so far. Have faith.
There’s always a phone for Ernie. You’re just noticing it now.

If Gordon doesn't go we have no Chance to win this Game with those turd WR rejects on O. You see how easy it is to take away Gronk you just need smart players
I hear that Gordon is wicked smaht.

I think its gonna come down to a figgie. That Chief defense is actually one of the 1-2 defenses in the NFL worse than ours.
Just looked and realized the Donks are at home and not the Queefs. I thought it was the other way around. I still think it’ll be a win for the Queefs but not a demolition. If it was in KC, and on prime time, I would still stick with that prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes