PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson won’t be activated - he is now a Free Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called this
And was roasted for it

If I never see these words in this order on this site again, I wouldn't miss them. No one cares (and I'm not singling you out ChrisR).

Early Bird Bob: I thought we really had something.

If I never see these words in this order on this site again, I wouldn't miss them. No one cares (and I'm not singling you out ChrisR).
Lol It kind of feels like it but I like having a grip on what the front office is thinking it makes me feel more involved with the team then I am which is less than zero currently.

Very sad situation. Deserves better.

Of all the threads how has Gronk not been mentioned yet???

He posted some weird god tweet and something about not making the roster.

Kind of shocked by this. I believe he's more capable of helping this year's offense than LaCosse or Izzo but I'm not getting paid to make those calls.
The dude is 38 years old, in a pretty demanding position. People shouldn't be expecting much from him.

Too bad.
"I gave my all but it was not enough to earn a roster spot on The Patriots" - a lot of disappointment there.
That sounds purely performance-based.
Comments here point to financials. Who knows.
Certainly a very strong locker room presence, someone who is familiar with the offense. A lot of us looked forward to seeing him on the field.

Shocked, another TE brought in only to be let go...how many does that make so far? 4-5?

He's gotta be better than the two TE's we have now. There is a trade brewing.

Watson has explained that he started doctor-prescribed hormone treatments to help with healing his body after announcing his retirement. He assumed his PED-banned days were over. Then the Patriots talked him out of retiring, and he warned them of the situation: Benjamin Watson explains why he knowingly took a banned substance

Ah, thanks Patchick for the clarification.
Side note: there's one possible problem with that argument if this is doctor prescribed TRT (bio-identical hormone replacement). An endo or urologist is unlikely to prescribe at a 'rule break' level (supraphysiological). With that, the only time it would be supra/rule break level is if you do the replacement via injections, and with that in the first 24 or so hours after that the blood serum level can spike pretty high (up into lowest levels of first time amateur body builder). He did an injection within 24 hours of a test? ;-)
So unless Watson was at an anti aging type clinic that deals with purposefully keeping serum level up really high, Watson's argument may not jive.
OTOH, if he was using Growth Hormone from a doctor (possible), a doctor keeping levels above normal human (albeit they would put it highest normal) is again an anti aging thing and unlikely just an endo practitioner you found on yelp :).

The god of ties not getting shown any respect as per usual even though people are lukewarm on him for the most part.

He wouldn't know how to feel about the respect anyway.

I can see the logic here, release AB so he is no longer on the team and doesn’t have to adhere to the can’t change number in season rule.

Pats don’t activate Watson freeing up 84, AB should be back but Thursday wearing 84

o_O;)

Is this 2 million going towards the Gronk fund later in the year?

I believe its for a WR right now.

The same WRs stepped up in WASHINGTON. White and Edelman. Thats just not good enough with the tough part of the schedule closing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back