PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Voted off the island': Inside Bill Belichick's failed job hunt (ESPN report)

The one thing this story, true or not - don't care, tells me is I already miss this team keeping their "dirty business" behind closed doors.

Too much jockeying for position, too much glory seeking and it's inverse blame sharing for my likings... Just wish everyone would stfu and focus on building a better team...

The past is the past... Be grateful of the past glories, revel in them, but there is no need to tear down anyone involved in the greatest football dynasty ever... Together, they reached heights that no one thought to be possible... That's something to cherish, not tarnish.

Hope we move past these distractions soon... let Coach Mayo focus on the future, building the next sustained run for the Patriots...

That's my $.02 at any rate...

Go Pats!
That was worth a lot more than 2 cents. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Krafts don't seem to have that in mind. They're the ones doing the talking these days.

Kraft's nightmare scenario:

The Cowboys to get off to a bad start. Jerruh will fire McCarthy, hire BB. Then Prescott will get hurt, BB will bring in Brady and win the SB for the Cowboys.

I do think that BB will be the coach of the Cowboys either mid year or next year.

BB will have an NFL HC job in 2025.

Bologna Bob does not have the street cred to black ball BB from the NFL.
Maybe Bob doesn't have to. I saw an opinion that the BBC wants more manageable HC's and guys like Bill and Mike Vrabel are not wanted as much these days.

For any of you who've managed people, would you give a good recommendation for someone you've fired for poor performance?
If that person was one of the reasons that my business went from a half billion company to a 5 billion company then I might tone it down a bit and try to help him. He earned that with his 25 years. Plus, why would I care if the Falcons got an over-the-hill HC?

On a favorability scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, at the time that Kraft fired Bill I had Bill and Bob both around 6. Now I have Bill at 8 and Bob at 4.
I agree and don't understand why we fans were and are so accepting of Belichick's performance as GM and coach during and after the 2022 season. IMO, GM Belichick should have been fired, even if Coach Belichick were maintained, although I don't that was a real option.

Yes, the Kraft's failed by not firing GM Belichick after the 2022 season. I guess fans got what they wanted, a top 3 pick in the draft, although folks whine about the team not throwing a couple of games at the end.

As much as I agree, Father Time isn’t on Bills team I’m afraid.
This whole "Over the Hill" narrative is comical.

All BB needs is a competent QB and he is back in the hunt for a Super Bowl. While I will agree that the vast majority of todays young males are snowflakes and pajama boys, nothing will school them into being men faster than discipline. That is what Bill Belichick is all about. BB's methods work because players want structure and rules and to win. Players eventfully acquire respect for the Head Coach and themselves.

It aint about YOU its about the TEAM and the guy next to you.

For any of you who've managed people, would you give a good recommendation for someone you've fired for poor performance?

I see what you are saying, but don't think that's the primary issue here. This is bigger than out of sight management practices.
The Pats organization is mismanaging this, whether the stories are true or not. If they were competent with this, they would have anticipated the PR opportunity and made sure to get ahead of this stuff. But they are reacting and defensive, and it shows.
Usually, we can't really know anything as fans about these inner workings, but in this case, just the fact that it all is spinning like this is all the evidence needed.
The Pats look like Boeing.

If that person was one of the reasons that my business went from a half billion company to a 5 billion company then I might tone it down a bit and try to help him. He earned that with his 25 years. Plus, why would I care if the Falcons got an over-the-hill HC?
Do you really lack friends that to whom you would give advice? Kraft cared because he cared. He gave advice to a friend and colleague.

I agree and don't understand why we fans were and are so accepting of Belichick's performance as GM and coach during and after the 2022 season. IMO, GM Belichick should have been fired, even if Coach Belichick were maintained, although I don't that was a real option.

Yes, the Kraft's failed by not firing GM Belichick after the 2022 season. I guess fans got what they wanted, a top 3 pick in the draft, although folks whine about the team not throwing a couple of games at the end.
Maybe the Pats will go 1-16 and get the top pick next year. That will make the Tankheads very happy.

Maybe Bob doesn't have to. I saw an opinion that the BBC wants more manageable HC's and guys like Bill and Mike Vrabel are not wanted as much these days.
How about the owner of the team?

What do they want or is that forbidden now.

No wonder why relatively new airplanes are falling apart in flight and new cars and trucks are inundated with recalls and safety warnings.

Who picked Corky Mac is the question and BB wanted to get rid of him and Kraft would not allow it.

The more Kraft bashes BB the worst Kraft looks.

Do you really lack friends that to whom you would give advice? Kraft cared because he cared. He gave advice to a friend and colleague.
The question was about business and every situation is different. Who was more important to Kraft's success? Blank or Belichick? Bob's loyalty has always been heading in the wrong direction.

BB will have his pick of NFL Head Coach jobs in 2025.

Who picked Corky Mac is the question and BB wanted to get rid of him and Kraft would not allow it.

The more Kraft bashes BB the worst Kraft looks.
Yeah yeah we know, everything that was good was Bill and everything that went wrong was Kraft forcing thing on Bill.

Do we really think that Bill would have stayed in NE if Kraft was consistently meddling and forcing thing on him?

On a favorability scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, at the time that Kraft fired Bill I had Bill and Bob both around 6. Now I have Bill at 8 and Bob at 4.
Don't let media stories dictate your opinion so much. You witnessed the last 25 years first hand and saw what these guys did up close use that to create a favorability score. At the end of it all we got 6 rings I'm not letting the media take that away.

Don't let media stories dictate your opinion so much. You witnessed the last 25 years first hand and saw what these guys did up close use that to create a favorability score. At the end of it all we got 6 rings I'm not letting the media take that away.
Some people just need to have someone to blame for their misery.

Yeah yeah we know, everything that was good was Bill and everything that went wrong was Kraft forcing thing on Bill.

Do we really think that Bill would have stayed in NE if Kraft was consistently meddling and forcing thing on him?
If BB was so bad then why didnt Thunder fire him sooner? Kraft told Blank dont trust Bill Belichick.

Belichick wanted to get rid of the loser Corky and your man Thunder would not OK it.

Get ready for more of this in 2024. Maybe youll look just like these 2.

401662051_765252062283599_2497791614796660652_n.jpg

I think the Malcolm Butler benching started all of it.

I think Kraft was always against certain method Bill use but he trusted Bill that it was all in the name of winning. Butler benching eroded that trust. When the losing started Kraft wasn’t able to put up with it anymore. Winning cures everything.

I think in the « Don’t trust Bill » from Kraft to Blank there is also a component of : « Even if Bill says that he is ok to work with a GM, don’t trust him. When he will in the building he will try to take control ». It’s just my feeling but I think that over the years Bill told sometimes to Kraft what he wanted to hear.
While BB is known for benching players when other coaches would let it slide, I can't imagine that he would bench MB in the Super Bowl with no reason. In that scenario RKK would have some indication on why he was benched.

When it comes to loss of trust, I don't think it had anything to do with football per se. BB was out as soon as he started pushing back against RKK in the media when he began talking about the lack of cash spending.

If BB was so bad then why didnt Thunder fire him sooner? Kraft told Blank dont trust Bill Belichick.

Belichick wanted to get rid of the loser Corky and your man Thunder would not OK it.

Get ready for more of this in 2024. Maybe youll look just like these 2.

View attachment 57638
You know that’s in the story that Kraft wanted to fire Bill after 2022 but Jonathan talked him out of it

You know that’s in the story that Kraft wanted to fire Bill after 2022 but Jonathan talked him out of it
2022? Hhahahaaa So, BB got fired in 2023.

What about 2020. Why didnt your man Thunder fire BB and keep Brady?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back