PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIII Rings that was quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it be known that Bill Belichick has been some sort of coach in 12 of the last 33 Super Bowls.
QUESTION: Since 1975, exactly how many seasons have the New England Patriots played with none of their games all season having Bill Belichick on either sideline?

ANSWER: Ten, if you count preseason games. 1977-1983, 1985-86, 1988.

How 'bout this one?

QUESTION: Since 1973, exactly how many seasons have the New England Patriots played with only one (1) present, former or future Patriots head coach on their coaching staff (in other words, the head coach himself)?

ANSWER: Four: 1989, 1990, 2014 and 2015. All without Scar. Yikes.

So Scar is the answer to the question, "Who was the Pats head coach for all of their wins in '92, and the last two wins before James Busch Orthwein's assignment here by the league (purchase) and makeover?"

Grady-White | Freedom 307 Dual Console
$319k new
Great boat but this open bow style is not the first choice of diehard fisherman. Intracoastal co_cktail cruiser in winter/spring when ocean is roughest in S. Florida.
Yikes, the pic of his boat makes it appear so much more.........avaerage I suppose. The last boat show I went to had the GW center consoles where the largest was only 240k or so.
A beauty it is.
upload_2019-2-21_17-18-53.png

I had high hopes for this response.

And I was not disappointed:D
Yeah so anyway all 60,916 ... Pats fans? ... who made the trek down Route 1 and filled up Schaefer Stadium in September '79 gave thumbs down to proto elvis and thumbs up to Pat Patriot

...but according to the Krafts, they "never sold out the old stadium" so all those fans and great players never existed and all those huge wins never happened

The Krafts are bigger Patriots history-deniers than the media

Yeah so anyway all 60,916 ... Pats fans? ... who made the trek down Route 1 and filled up Schaefer Stadium in September '79 gave thumbs down to proto elvis and thumbs up to Pat Patriot

...but according to the Krafts, they "never sold out the old stadium" so all those fans and great players never existed and all those huge wins never happened
The Krafts are bigger Patriots history-deniers than the media

Well, they really kind of didn't sell out. I would sometimes go to the games in the 80's- 90's and simply buy tix from scalpers for at or below the reg price right near game time. Now, granted, that was not 50 yd line seats but they never were end zone. Very often, many empty seats were seen and there was no red seat club section to claim people in lounges either.

Some people just aren't like that. I used to work at a company where the CEO was worth about $400m and the guy drove a Honda Odyssey to work.
Warren Buffett drove an old Oldsmobile and lives in the same house in Omaha that he bought like 60 years ago.

I say this every time but you’d think that a guy worth like $100 million would have a better boat.

He looked at a couple elite boats with more powerful motors, faster, younger and prettier to look at. So his choice came down to either this boat or like a canoe.

And I bet every Patriots fan everywhere would have voted to retain the Boston Patriots before they changed it to Bay State...er, New England. Hell, there might have been a few hundred ready to hang themselves when they stopped using the 3-cornered hat and switched to the cartoon stereotype.

FARKIN GIVE IT UP!!!!! This is like being fixated on a character out of "Pogo." One who represented teams that couldn't win Super Bowls, at that.

And I bet every Patriots fan everywhere would have voted to retain the Boston Patriots before they changed it to Bay State...er, New England. Hell, there might have been a few hundred ready to hang themselves when they stopped using the 3-cornered hat and switched to the cartoon stereotype.

FARKIN GIVE IT UP!!!!! This is like being fixated on a character out of "Pogo." One who represented teams that couldn't win Super Bowls, at that.
...or teams that couldn't win World Series for 85 years, or teams that couldn't win Stanley Cups for 39 years, or teams that couldn't win NBA titles for 22 years

I don't begrudge you for your affection for the Old Man In The Mountain and it's supposed and definitely unintentional resemblance to a gross insulting fake replacement logo conjured up entirely by those who have nothing but contempt, disdain and hatred for this franchise; nor do I scorn you for your ignorance of the fact that the majority of people and Patriots fans did not suffer in misery hating the team for 33 years and are documented as preferring our logo and uniform from the time it was first suggested forty years ago right up to this day. Most of us don't have or take the time to post on fan sites.

Plus you've got local and national media propagating the false narrative for half a century now that the Patriots were a terrible team, when in fact they were better than most others, and competed for championships several times.

Well, they really kind of didn't sell out. I would sometimes go to the games in the 80's- 90's and simply buy tix from scalpers for at or below the reg price right near game time. Now, granted, that was not 50 yd line seats but they never were end zone. Very often, many empty seats were seen and there was no red seat club section to claim people in lounges either.
There were more sellouts in the '70s than the '80s

But I saw no empty seats vs. the Bengals in '85, or vs. the Bears and Dolphins in '88

I don't know about all that. Pat Patriot was the only logo that had any effect on me of all NFL teams, for obvious reasons. Then Flying Elvis took its place. It just did. I'm not sure whether it was all the winning or the realization of just how cartoonish the old cartoon was. The bucktooth John Elway looking Bronco wasn't as cool as the cyberhorse either. Some logos are just amateurish. Ours was. Loved it. Glad we got a pro to do the redesign.

Not sure what BB's boat has to do with the Pats Logo, as much as I favor the old logo.. it has always looked like an art project of 6th graders and needs a definite upgrade.. otoh not a huge fan of the Flying Elvis.. but none of that really matters.

What happens when BB gets 9 rings.. will his boat be VIIII or IX?? Now that is something that is really important..

It's funny when you look at the Red Sox owner's yacht with a crew of 20.

wpfca24a60_0a_06.jpg

I'd rather take a ride on Belichick's boat.

That's a waste of a lot of boat right there for a guy who is afraid of the sun.

I really wish Robert Kraft did it on one of his boats, if he has any. Just be smart!;)

Not sure what BB's boat has to do with the Pats Logo, as much as I favor the old logo.. it has always looked like an art project of 6th graders and needs a definite upgrade.. otoh not a huge fan of the Flying Elvis.. but none of that really matters.

What happens when BB gets 9 rings.. will his boat be VIIII or IX?? Now that is something that is really important..
It's like, you want your girl to win Miss Universe.

And she does, eventually, in record, classy fashion. Six times!

... it's just beforehand, her new manager had her made over to look like Michael Jackson. The adult.

...or teams that couldn't win World Series for 85 years, or teams that couldn't win Stanley Cups for 39 years, or teams that couldn't win NBA titles for 22 years

I don't begrudge you for your affection for the Old Man In The Mountain and it's supposed and definitely unintentional resemblance to a gross insulting fake replacement logo conjured up entirely by those who have nothing but contempt, disdain and hatred for this franchise; nor do I scorn you for your ignorance of the fact that the majority of people and Patriots fans did not suffer in misery hating the team for 33 years and are documented as preferring our logo and uniform from the time it was first suggested forty years ago right up to this day. Most of us don't have or take the time to post on fan sites.

Plus you've got local and national media propagating the false narrative for half a century now that the Patriots were a terrible team, when in fact they were better than most others, and competed for championships several times.

The issue (from a national perspective) was not the success that Pats did have - it was how epic the failures were. Electrocuted coaches, Flush-Gate, coach's Exit Strategies, players being knocked out by reporters, Victory Tours, pre-superbowl knife fights. We're talking comedy (and press) gold here!

That said - the 79 Logo Vote was fun to be a part of. IIRC the announcer said the choice was by volume. However, the boo birds were so loud when they revealed the proposed logo ownership got the message. And I don't remember seeing a lack of attendance when Weathers sealed a playoff spot on a gutsy 4th down call (or many of the games that season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back