PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Raiders illegally warming a ball on the sidelines Mon Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** the NFL. I am so sick of this ********. It’s not fair that it’s always the Patriots catching bull from all these morons (the media, the idiot opposition and their fans). Awful piece of **** league. The Jets had their own spygate scandal ******** one year before the controversial NE one in 2006. What happened? Nothing. No outrage, and Jets aren’t called cheaters.

The Vikings and Panthers illegally heated footballs in 2015. What happened? Nothing

Aaron Rodgers admits to Over inflating the football which is illegal. What happened? NOTHING.

Steelers last year deflated balls against the Giants last year. What happened? NOTHING.

And now this week Raiders heating footballs. What ****ing happened? NOTHING. This is UNREAL. Just wtf? This is why I don’t even watch the piece of **** NFL anymore besides Patriots games. The way these assholes tarnished Brady’s legacy is a disgrace.

Nobody cares unless NE does it.

**** the NFL. I am so sick of this ********. It’s not fair that it’s always the Patriots catching bull from all these morons (the media, the idiot opposition and their fans). Awful piece of **** league. The Jets had their own spygate scandal ******** one year before the controversial NE one in 2006. What happened? Nothing. No outrage, and Jets aren’t called cheaters.

The Vikings and Panthers illegally heated footballs in 2015. What happened? Nothing

Aaron Rodgers admits to Over inflating the football which is illegal. What happened? NOTHING.

Steelers last year deflated balls against the Giants last year. What happened? NOTHING.

And now this week Raiders heating footballs. What ****ing happened? NOTHING. This is UNREAL. Just wtf? This is why I don’t even watch the piece of **** NFL anymore besides Patriots games. The way these assholes tarnished Brady’s legacy is a disgrace.

Nobody cares unless NE does it.

The guy warming the ball is the long snapper. He's doing it for practice on the sideline. The actual K-Ball that he will have to handle in the game is under custody of the officials. Stop the outrage. There's nothing to see here.

I don't even care anymore.

But when people bring up **** like this, it's easy to point out the double standards with the media and the Pats. Just ask them to look up how many balls were fumbled out of the end zone for a touchback this year...then ask them why they think only one was a big deal. They can say "oh well, there's something fishy with the Patriots" but it's easy to tell that they're lying to themselves at that point, and if they want to do that, who cares?

We have our own Hall of Fame, we have five Super Bowls (and counting), we have a ton of our own legendary players, legendary coaches, legendary events (even predating BB/TFB; think snowplow game), and an entire culture that includes former players, coaches, and fans brought together by the hatred that exists for us out there.

We don't need anyone else, and we sure as **** don't need their approval. **** em.

Breaking news: Raiders to be punished for illegally heating footballs by extending Jack Del Rio's contract.
...and by making them stay in Oakland for 25 years.

The guy warming the ball is the long snapper. He's doing it for practice on the sideline. The actual K-Ball that he will have to handle in the game is under custody of the officials. Stop the outrage. There's nothing to see here.

how do you know that isn't an official k ball that is going to be used?

Well, the footballs were probably below 12.5 PSI because it was so cold. So they were clearly warming them up to be in compliance with the acceptable pressure range :rolleyes:. Think about the children!!

ESPN camera's caught the Raiders placing a ball near the heater with a minute left in a tied ball game. Where is the outrage? Where are Mark Brunnel's tears???
Oh right, it doesn't involve the Patriots so the honchos at 345 PArk Ave. will look the other way....
What a crock...

Nothing will be done to them. What would happen if the pats were caught doing this? The whole team suspended and B.B. fined one hundred million dollars?

That might be true.

It might instead be a K ball that they got from the official, since apparently this process of warming up the football is actually pretty common, and the refs don't care a bit (unless Patriots are involved).

Let's discuss motivation.

Why would you want to warm up a practice ball? I know precisely why you want to warm up a K ball. This disparity in motivation ought to make anyone suspicious.

NFL: ball overinflation is ok

Attempted funny flow chat deleted.

Last edited:

ESPN camera's caught the Raiders placing a ball near the heater with a minute left in a tied ball game. Where is the outrage? Where are Mark Brunnel's tears???
Oh right, it doesn't involve the Patriots so the honchos at 345 PArk Ave. will look the other way....
What a crock...

Oh c'mon! When has the league ever made a big deal about the rule involving the psi level of footballs? If it's a clear violation, and they're feeling mean, they might fine you a few thousand dollars . Look, Aaron Rogers openly boasted about violating the rule for pete's sake!

My god

But what about the integrity of the game?

That might be true.

It might instead be a K ball that they got from the official, since apparently this process of warming up the football is actually pretty common, and the refs don't care a bit (unless Patriots are involved).

Let's discuss motivation.

Why would you want to warm up a practice ball? I know precisely why you want to warm up a K ball. This disparity in motivation ought to make anyone suspicious.
Right... you can say it’s a practice ball, but how do you know it’s not a K ball already given by the officials that they’re practicing with a bit first? You can’t track where that ball came from or where it went and was ultimately used for, so it can’t really be said that there’s nothing to see here.

I don’t really care if it’s done or not, but given how NE was treated for this same subject, a consistent league would announce they were at least investigating it. However, as we all know, consistency is not something the NFL is familiar with.

The K balls should and probably are stored in a climate controlled-type environment. Or at least they should be. We'll see what, if anything, the NFL has to say about this. Not sure why PFT would point this out. We all know the ball procedures too well by now. Thanks NFL (NoFrigginLife)!

The K balls should and probably are stored in a climate controlled-type environment. Or at least they should be. We'll see what, if anything, the NFL has to say about this. Not sure why PFT would point this out. We all know the ball procedures too well by now. Thanks NFL (NoFrigginLife)!
Florio was laughing about it because the guy was looking around like he was checking to see if anyone was watching him do it. He agreed that it's probably nothing but thought it was funny.....he's also waiting to see how the league responds. He said he contacted them about it

I may be in the minority here, but that is illegal? Looks like he was hardly doing anything?
I believe there was a game in Carolina vs Minny where they were doing the same thing, they got a written warning not to do it again. It’s was the same year as Defamegate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back