PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Prince Aaron demands Packers fire GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for JFK in the pic, I'd have wagered that photo was from the 1930's.
Pelosi's dad was a Washington DC insider. She was in her early 20s there.

I have to confess I really don't know how the Packers are run. 31 teams all have owners. They are required by NFL bylaw to have a single person with a majority share. Oftentimes families are involved as an ownership group and we have seen some franchises have trouble when the majority owner dies, but they all have 1 single person on top. No corporations allowed.

Now the Packers got grandfathered in under a whole 'nother set of rules. Rodgers (allegedly) wants the GM fired. Who actually has the authority to do that? My understanding is the Packers have a Board of Directors so I guess they have that authority. But how are the board members selected and who, if anyone, has the authority to replace them...? IIRC, the shareholders have no voting rights so not them....

I have to confess I really don't know how the Packers are run. 31 teams all have owners. They are required by NFL bylaw to have a single person with a majority share. Oftentimes families are involved as an ownership group and we have seen some franchises have trouble when the majority owner dies, but they all have 1 single person on top. No corporations allowed.

Now the Packers got grandfathered in under a whole 'nother set of rules. Rodgers (allegedly) wants the GM fired. Who actually has the authority to do that? My understanding is the Packers have a Board of Directors so I guess they have that authority. But how are the board members selected and who, if anyone, has the authority to replace them...? IIRC, the shareholders have no voting rights so not them....

Former Redskins Safety Mark Murphy is officially the President of the Packers...I ass-ume that he has the authority to fire Gutekunst...I wonder how much of his ear Rogers has...

Closest thing they have to the one person who theoretically has that ability is the CEO, Mark Murphy, but he answers to an executive committee of 6 which in turn answers to a board of directors, around 40 people, who theoretically answer to the stockholders. Board members are elected in by shareholders.

Which is why things move slow up there in Wisconsin, and why this situation with Rodgers is dragging out forever. They lack the one person with unequivocal authority to pick up the phone and say "Trade this mother****er to the Patriots."

As someone who supports the idea of publicly owned teams I’m reasonable sure that the whole facade of the Packers having no owner is for all intents and purposes bullshi.t and those joke “shares” that Packers fans buy to hang on their walls is evidence of that.

This was the best one they could publish...some kind of weird, limp-wristed fiance pose. Is Miles Teller his secret boyfriend or something?

1622052112461.png

INTERESTING OPTIONS
1) GB trades for Julio; everything is forgiven.
2) GB trades Aaron to NO who obviously need a QB. (their top 3 players are over $10M each, and are in their last year)

INTERESTING OPTIONS
1) GB trades for Julio; everything is forgiven.
2) GB trades Aaron to NO who obviously need a QB. (their top 3 players are over $10M each, and are in their last year)

How could New Orleans fit Rodgers under the cap though?

How could New Orleans fit Rodgers under the cap though?

New Orleans just needs to sit Aaron down and say "Aaron, you've got to accept a veteran's minimum salary, so that we don't have to cut other players in order to fit you under the salary cap. After all, it's not about the money. It's about the people."

Salma Hayek:

Salma-Hayek-cleavage-Charlotte-Tilbury-makeup.jpg

So, cmasspatsfan, I win and you lose!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye