PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[UPDATE: Olsen signs with SEA] Report: Pats trying to get Gronk to comeback; Greg Olsen is plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Greg Olsen Reveals He’s Patriots’ Backup Plan If Rob Gronkowski Won’t Return

NFL tight end Greg Olsen reached into his bag of scoops during FOX Sports’ Super Bowl LIV pregame show. Olsen said the Patriots are “trying to get” tight end Rob Gronkowski to make a comeback. Olsen said if the Patriots aren’t successful then he is, “like third in line.” It’s unclear who the second choice would be.

Read more at: Greg Olsen Reveals He’s Patriots’ Backup Plan If Rob Gronkowski Won’t Return

Watch Goodell nail us for tampering...Olsen is still on the Panthers roster until tomorrow...

He's going to washington if he plays

Gronk will NOT return to play in the NFL.

Guaranteed.

Hello Olsen.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in if he was cheap and let him work as a 1A/1B option with a relatively highly drafted rookie. Take some of the load off Olsen and let the rookie learn from him.

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Old + Old = Old

Ravens TE Andrews is stud.

I don't know how serious Olsen was being. But, if it was serious, this would seem to be a classic example of "Why not both?".

I don't know how serious Olsen was being. But, if it was serious, this would seem to be a classic example of "Why not both?".
My biggest concern (however I am open to a Gronk return) is very recently I thought I read Gronk admitted he knew he lost a step during his last season. Do you think Gronk can be good enough in 2021? Again, not against a Gronk return. Just curious.

My biggest concern (however I am open to a Gronk return) is very recently I thought I read Gronk admitted he knew he lost a step during his last season. Do you think Gronk can be good enough in 2021? Again, not against a Gronk return. Just curious.
A lesser version of Gronk is still a pro bowler since his level of play was GOAT status

Gronk with a step lost in 2018 was better than anything the Pats put out at TE in 2019. View him as part of the offense and not the man in the offense. Of course if they’re paying him as if he’s the man, that could cause an issue.

Sounds like Olsen is just working the crowd. Also, when are the Raiders getting investigated for Brady tampering? ;)

I don’t think Gronk wants to play for Belichick anymore.

Correct. If NE is trying to get Gronk to come back, it will be futile. There is close to 0% chance he's returning based on his comments about him hating his 2018 season.

Odd question, but how do you guys think we do in 2019 if we had Gronk at TE?
Assuming he stayed reasonably healthy? Not to put to fine a point on it, but there would be another Patriots game day thread going on today in my opinion.

Report: Ratings-driven NESN makes unsubstantiated claim that Greg Olsen was serious in saying the Patriots will pursue him, Rob Gronowski’s return

Odd question, but how do you guys think we do in 2019 if we had Gronk at TE?
Maybe make the AFC championship, but nothing beyond that. 5 million variables involved.

For whatever reason many like to ignore 2018 Gronk and reality in general, and pretend 2019 Gronk would be prime Gronk.

Assuming he stayed reasonably healthy? Not to put to fine a point on it, but there would be another Patriots game day thread going on today in my opinion.

Still think the lack of a true # 1 receiver would've hurt us. Even with Gronk. Tight End wasn't the biggest issue this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes