PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[UPDATE: Olsen signs with SEA] Report: Pats trying to get Gronk to comeback; Greg Olsen is plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we would have been fine with Gronk, LeCosse, and a draftee.

We should’ve taken a TE at some point in the draft. I would’ve loved a trade up for Fant but who knows it may not have been possible unless we dealt a high pick in 2020 as well to jump ahead of Denver. I want to see what we have in Harris before saying we shouldn’t have passed on Knox. Moreau would’ve been an excellent day 3 pick.

Gronk is playing games with the media and fans. He will NOT un-retire.

As for Greg Olsen, I'd rather MUCH have Henry or Hooper.

Though have 2 TE's would be nice: Olsen & (Henry or Hooper).

Then, keep another low-end JAG TE (LaCosse as Izzo seems injury prone) or Draft one on the roster.

If Pats sign Olsen and keep LaCosse they could be known as the Double-Pane Glass of TEs.

Greg Olsen is 1000x better at color commentary than McFarland... different worlds!

Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal that includes $5.5M gtd with the Seahawks, per source. Olsen visited and negotiated with Buffalo, Seattle and Washington but felt most comfortable with the Seahawks.

Greg Olsen at 5.5Mi is great value.

Greg Olsen at 5.5Mi is great value.

I used to like that the Patriots stayed out of signings like this, thinking they are being smart to spend their money elsewhere. Now I don’t know if it’s arrogance, stubbornness, or some other flaw for not even kicking tires. LaCosse was cause for a lawsuit by season ticket holders. The tickets do imply a contract that you’ll see professional football players.

Maybe they will cut Hollister and we can get him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes