[UPDATE: Olsen signs with SEA] Report: Pats trying to get Gronk to comeback; Greg Olsen is plan B

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 28.2% at NE: 71.8%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ras-IR Dowling

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I think that we would have been fine with Gronk, LeCosse, and a draftee.

We should’ve taken a TE at some point in the draft. I would’ve loved a trade up for Fant but who knows it may not have been possible unless we dealt a high pick in 2020 as well to jump ahead of Denver. I want to see what we have in Harris before saying we shouldn’t have passed on Knox. Moreau would’ve been an excellent day 3 pick.

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Gronk is playing games with the media and fans. He will NOT un-retire.

As for Greg Olsen, I'd rather MUCH have Henry or Hooper.

Though have 2 TE's would be nice: Olsen & (Henry or Hooper).

Then, keep another low-end JAG TE (LaCosse as Izzo seems injury prone) or Draft one on the roster.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
If Pats sign Olsen and keep LaCosse they could be known as the Double-Pane Glass of TEs.

FCB02062

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Greg Olsen is 1000x better at color commentary than McFarland... different worlds!

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Former Panthers’ TE Greg Olsen is signing a one-year, $7 million deal that includes $5.5M gtd with the Seahawks, per source. Olsen visited and negotiated with Buffalo, Seattle and Washington but felt most comfortable with the Seahawks.

Ice_Ice_Brady

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Greg Olsen at 5.5Mi is great value.

I used to like that the Patriots stayed out of signings like this, thinking they are being smart to spend their money elsewhere. Now I don’t know if it’s arrogance, stubbornness, or some other flaw for not even kicking tires. LaCosse was cause for a lawsuit by season ticket holders. The tickets do imply a contract that you’ll see professional football players.