PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh oh...Tampa Bay Tommy wont be happy about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt that Moss was a better athlete than Rice, but that Rice was mentally "more together," working harder at his game and not creating distractions that undermined his achievements.
100%

Moss has a head-case. Literally my all-time favorite player, maybe in any sport.

I don't think Rice was better at all. Just had his head on straight.

Rice was an amazing athlete but not an otherworldly one, but he was the absolute master at the technical aspect of the game. Moss was good at the technical aspect of the game (when he wanted to be) but his athleticism was so otherworldly that he didn't always have to be. Megatron was a lesser synthesis of both.
Calvin wasn't nearly as good off the line or in terms of route running. Randy played with more nuance.

Poor mans Moss for sure. Should be in the HOF someday.

Still maintain if Krafty Bob didn't dump Antonio Brown, the Patriots host last year's AFC Championship...

100%

Moss has a head-case. Literally my all-time favorite player, maybe in any sport.

I don't think Rice was better at all. Just had his head on straight.

Could live another 200 years and not see another Moss. Guy was just beyond words spectacular. The two athletes I’d do anything to see again live in their primes are Moss and Pedro. Both had borderline supernatural skills.

Rice was an amazing athlete but not an otherworldly one, but he was the absolute master at the technical aspect of the game. Moss was good at the technical aspect of the game (when he wanted to be) but his athleticism was so otherworldly that he didn't always have to be. Megatron was a lesser synthesis of both.
Speaking of Megatron, can we sign him? He's only 34 years old. At that age, Rice had 108 receptions for 1254 yards for the Niners. Patricia owes us something after stealing so many players.

Calvin wasn't nearly as good off the line or in terms of route running. Randy played with more nuance.

Poor mans Moss for sure. Should be in the HOF someday.

"Poor man's" doing a lot of work here. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Could live another 200 years and not see another Moss. Guy was just beyond words spectacular. The two athletes I’d do anything to see again live in their primes are Moss and Pedro. Both had borderline supernatural skills.
At their peak I'd take both over any P or WR ever.

So much personality too. Pedro was the best.

"Poor man's" doing a lot of work here. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer.
I think Moss is the GOAT so I don't think it's an insult? And again he simply wasn't as good as Randy, nothing wrong with that all. Moss had more nuance as a rookie and early on than CJ had his career.

Johnson should absolutely be 1st ballot guy though. I didn't realize he was up next year. Absolutely stacked class. I hope J Allen gets in. He was another unqiue player that was underappreciated. Love watching him.

You may not have seen him live but add Usain Bolt to that list. For a man of his height, to have the speed, power and turnover he had, it's unlikely we'll see another physical specimen like him.

Not like they need him since they have a great receiving core.
Yep, pretty basic. AB would be nice but definitely not make-or-break (you know, like he was for us last year when Happy Endings Bob cut him).

Can't they just pay some 400-lb. ex-powerlifter to follow him around everywhere 24/7 when he's off the field and give him a slight knock in the noggin every time he reaches for his cell phone or tries to talk to a woman? Or just tie him up under the stadium and let him out for practice and games? Seems like someone with the Bucs could figure this out.

Can't they just pay some 400-lb. ex-powerlifter to follow him around everywhere 24/7 when he's off the field and give him a slight knock in the noggin every time he reaches for his cell phone or tries to talk to a woman? Or just tie him up under the stadium and let him out for practice and games? Seems like someone with the Bucs could figure this out.

They could....uh... do all that. But umm...uhh....AB, much like life uhh... finds a way.

Not like they need him since they have a great receiving core.

It's CORPS, it just sounds like core.

Lost my QB I'll be goddamned if my beloved English language goes next.

Idk why but that's a pet peeve.

Like when people say we live in a democracy. Or use Edge instead of Rush to describe pass rushers.

Maybe the poster was describing the inner nuclei of the receivers from a cellular standpoint.

But I thought it was like apple core...like the most important part of something. Evans and Godwin make up the receiving core for the Bucs. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back