PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh oh, Covid is spreading in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tit*ns up to 11 infected players now:

Tit*ns up to 11 infected players now:

Somehow after seeing Vrabel's set up during the draft, not surprised his team is leading the league in covid cases

And COVID is not the lethal force for guys under 55 that it is for older guys. Here’s the CDC data... male deaths in bold.

F640B7E0-A7D8-4827-85F5-7EA75B85871E.jpeg

And COVID is not the lethal force for guys under 55 that it is for older guys. Here’s the CDC data... male deaths in bold.

View attachment 28876

So Cam Newton has a 3% chance of dying. And you're fine with that... applying that to all of our players?

I guess your opinion is, "Sure, just go get it. There's only a 3% chance you'll die". :mad:

Who are you to tell these players that it's OK to play roulette with death?

So Cam Newton has a 3% chance of dying. And you're fine with that... applying that to all of our players?

I guess your opinion is, "Sure, just go get it. There's only a 3% chance you'll die". :mad:

Don't forget long term effects due to lung and heart scarring, as well as neurological damage.....that stuff doesn't count

I'd love to know how many of the internet tough guys in this thread would put a bullet into a 33-chamber revolver (if such a thing existed), spin it, put it to their head and pull the trigger.

I'd love to know how many of the internet tough guys in this thread would put a bullet into a 33-chamber revolver (if such a thing existed), spin it, put it to their head and pull the trigger.
I just thought the exact same thing and then 5 seconds later I scrolled down and say your post :rofl:

Hell I posted a long time ago on multiple forums to the keyboard warriors the basic same thing. If CoVid isn't a big problem, then you get infected and then your family gets infected. The entire family tree, parents, grandparents etc. I bet the number of people who would be down with that would be zero.

I’m an MD. The death rate for males around Cam Newton’s age is nowhere near 3%. Come on, that’s absurd. I don’t have the actual data in front of me, but but it’s probably closer to 0.1%. Whatever statistic that person was showing was that within that age bracket over the last 8 months, there have been 30k deaths of which around 1k “involved” COVID.

I’m not trying to play down the gravity of the pandemic, but I think its important the conversation is framed in a reality-based manner.

Agree 3% is no where near correct. Its more like .01 which is about the same as the flu at all ages.
You have a 1% chance of dying in a car accident for reference which is 10x what covid is for that age range..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes