PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrone McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I never seem to see him mentioned for next year in the LB mix.. ANyone think he has a chance to make an impact after being IR'd last year?

I cant remember if he was a middle or outside linebacker..

I never seem to see him mentioned for next year in the LB mix.. ANyone think he has a chance to make an impact after being IR'd last year?

I cant remember if he was a middle or outside linebacker..

He's an inside linebacker and the team thought he was worthy of a 3rd round pick so he has a chance to make an impact. Until he's healthy and on the field, however, no one really knows about his prospects. Hopefully he'll be on the field from the start of camp to give him a full chance to show what he can do.

I would like for us to have four ilbs on the roster, mckenzie, along with mayo guytonand spikes complete that four

I don't remember his measurables but I'm pretty sure he is smaller than spikes therefore I expect spikes to be alongside mayo on running downs and guyton with mayo on passing downs with Tyrone spelling mayo

Most here feel that he's a lock to make the 53 man roster, providing us with 4 sufficient ILB's in Mayo, Spikes, Guyton, and McKenzie. A postion that was a weakness can now be looked at as a positive.

McKenzie is a "bonus card" in the Pats deck as is Shawn Crable. Perhaps theu will emerge to surprise.

McKenzie 6'2" 243
Spikes 6'2" 249

While I think the odds of Crable hitting the field during the season are better than my winning the lottery....I don't know if they are a lot better.

McKenzie on the other hand, couldn't have gotten hurt any earlier than he did so I am expecting him to be fully functional and ready to go for training camp. I was excited about this guy last year and it really makes me happy to just consider him as part of this draft class since he had absolutely no impact last year. He is sharp and has a "Patriot" attitude.....our LB corp could really be loaded....

BB was very high on him before he got injured per zolak and few other guys. The guy impressed all the coaches.

Spikes and Mayo will be in the middle ,McKenzie is more of a Mayo backup as he is similar to him than Spikes.Spikes will be the one replaced with guyton against spread offence and 3rd down Nickel LB.

You need 4 ILB in our system. Also McKenzie is a better backup for Mayo/Spike pair than Guyton.

We "need" four ILB's for our system? And who were they last year? Did we play even three in any game last year?

We "need" four ILB's for our system? And who were they last year? Did we play even three in any game last year?

I said I wanted 4, and yea with the weakness at OLB, might as well have a strong as possible ILB's

and how'd that turn out?

Our weakness last year was not at ILB.

However, I am fine with the additions of McKenzie and Spikes. As I ahve posted before, Spikes was probably our best pick this year.

and how'd that turn out?

However, I am fine with the additions of McKenzie and Spikes. As I ahve posted before, Spikes was probably our best pick this year.

The Patriots have drafted ILB in 3 consecutive seasons (Mayo, McKenzie, Spikes). That would seem to suggest that BB doesn't agree with your assessment.

I stated that "our weakness last year was not at ILB" I beliueve that our weaknesses were at CB, OLB and DE.

I did not state that we could not use an upgrade.

Apparently, we disagree.

The Patriots have drafted ILB in 3 consecutive seasons (Mayo, McKenzie, Spikes). That would seem to suggest that BB doesn't agree with your assessment.

Whenever I saw South Florida play when he was there, he never stood out even amongst the lame Big East talent. When we picked him last year in the 3rd round, I was like "what the hell?" I hope he proves me wrong, but he's got "Gus Scott type career" written all over him.

That's because they didn't have any other than Mayo.

However, I am fine with the additions of McKenzie and Spikes. As I have posted before, Spikes was probably our best pick this year.
They have been extremely soft up the middle since Ted Johnson left and Bruschi declined. This defense was at it's best when they had a rotation at ILB and guys who can actually rush the passer.

McKenzie is an intriguing prospect, after his injury has had a year to hit the weight and film room, not the same as being on the field.. but got to have high hopes for this kid. These are the types of players really root for, against all odds..

Hope he gets a chance, prob depends on the formation we run as a base.

We have quite a few young LBs. Here's to hoping they are mature, contribute and play together as Patriots for my years. I would love to see Bill skip drafting this position for 3 or 4 years in a row...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back