PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Curran downers re: Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sense in getting down on what Curran wrote. History will play out regardless of how anyone “feels”.

Patriot fans have so much to be grateful for it’s difficult to imagine getting frustrated over whether or not Brady is upset or even if he’s declining.

When he does decline, I won’t be bothered by opposing fans & mediots trying to rub it in.

I have a 20 year dynastic middle finger to reply with.

Is it me or are the Pats 9-1 and coming off 1 of their bigger wins of the season? For once, I’m actually enjoying having a dominant D and mediocre to borderline poor offense rather than the other way around. Almost brings me back to the very early years of the Dynasty.

This board is getting pathetic, a lot of posters here sound like entitled *****es.

right!

We know that we are better than every team in the NFL, and will beat every one of them.
Any supposed weaknesses will be overcome. How dare any columnist dare suggest that the offense isn't playing well and has serious problems!

???

Who cares.

We won, so nothing else matters. ??? Is that your position? Did you watch the game. I believe that Brady was gifted with 3 dropped interceptions.

Is it me or are the Pats 9-1 and coming off 1 of their bigger wins of the season? For once, I’m actually enjoying having a dominant D and mediocre to borderline poor offense rather than the other way around. Almost brings me back to the very early years of the Dynasty.

This board is getting pathetic, a lot of posters here sound like entitled *****es.

Yes, if the OL line gives Brady 3 seconds, we have no problems. The issue is how the team plays when the QB is pressured.

Game is won or lost in the trenches.

He wants AB back.

The board is the way it’s always been.

We won, so nothing else matters. ??? Is that your position? Did you watch the game. I believe that Brady was gifted with 3 dropped interceptions.

We have to face the fact he’s 42. The problems on this offense begin and end with Tom Brady. I’m still counting on him having enough pretty good games to lift that Lombardi. The D can overcome a mediocre offense.

Tom Brady is not what is wrong with this offense.
Nah man he is the problem, clearly. Not the fact that a 33 year old Edelman is far and away our best offensive weapon. Despite the fact that he sometimes looks like it causes excruciating pain to stand up after being tackled.

Our second best weapon is a receiving back. Our third best arrived on the team two-three weeks ago, a possession receiver who could at best he described as a very average #2 receiver. Everyone else is a JAG or rookie, or worse.

They miserably failed to replace Gronk. Our TE’s are a guy who is close to 40 and another who shouldn’t be on any NFL roster and doesn’t know how to block.

The team cut both receivers who could feasibly he big play threats.

Our first round running back looks like a guy who should have been a late round pick. And to top it off his blindside has been protected by the worst LT I’ve ever seen start for this team. And somehow they failed to find a JAG who could have been slightly more competent.

We rely on our defense to make big plays and give us a short field because with the talent we have our only hope is to put together long, short play 70-80 yard drives to score since it’s unlikely that any of them will make a big play to make life easier.

But Brady is the problem in the eyes of this fan base.

We have to face the fact he’s 42. The problems on this offense begin and end with Tom Brady. I’m still counting on him having enough pretty good games to lift that Lombardi. The D can overcome a mediocre offense.
They begin with Brady? Cut the ****.

Why are people acting like he’s never been pissy before? He was pissy when they traded Mankins and grew a beard in solidarity. He was pissy when they let Welker go and seemingly same with AB. He was so pissy early last year he just launched the ball to no one seemingly on purpose against Detroit. He’s a fiery guy. You can’t praise him for nearly tackling Bledsoe in the tunnel before SB 36 out of excitement or sprinting into the end zone after Edelman returns a punt for a TD to celebrate with him and then scold him for showing emotion when when things aren’t going well.
I think that's always been TB's MO a bit, he grabbed the mic after the 2011 afccg win and said he sucked, he's smashed the ground with his fists when not scoring TD's in games we were winning by 25+, says he left points on the board in huge blow outs. He wears it on his sleeve.

Been to 9 SBs, league mvps, big game mvps, 2 decades in the league at age 42 they’re 9 n 1 and it’s burning him that the can do better. That’s crazy, Truly a rare player...

I think that's always been TB's MO a bit, he grabbed the mic after the 2011 afccg win and said he sucked, he's smashed the ground with his fists when not scoring TD's in games we were winning by 25+, says he left points on the board in huge blow outs. He wears it on his sleeve.

Been to 9 SBs, league mvps, big game mvps, 2 decades in the league at age 42 they’re 9 n 1 and it’s burning him that the can do better. That’s crazy, Truly a rare player...
Aye. And the board has responded by trying to take an applesauce textured **** on him.

With Gronk, Devlin, Andrews etc. Etc. Etc.

Last years offense lost Nate Solder, Deon Lewis, Danny Amendola, B. Cooks.....

Such is life in the NFL.

LMAO. @luuked and @QuantumMechanic, this guy and Patstastic are on your side with this one.

Yeah and I have no issue with saying my opinion.

He is a great QB, had a bad game -- or if you listen to Chatham's words an awful game -- but in the end by the KC game I expect him and the offense to play like a top 5 offense because that is what they do. Once they finally stop playing moving chairs and settle down with the offense they will find their identity and Brady will look again like the QB he is.

That doesn't change that he could just be a little less passive aggressive with the info that somehow makes it to various people in the media. But I know it is all just a coincidence and projection of those media members.

The reality is that same as with the Schefter "he might play somewhere else" stuff you can bet your ass that someone from the Brady camp flashed the Tom E. Curran sign into the sky to let him write part XII of the ballad of how everyone takes Brady for granted and the absurd myth of his sacrifice.

So how are you explaining the way he looked in September vs the way he looks now? When the year started, he was the best quarterback in football. Did he decline suddenly and drastically in six weeks or are there other variables that could possibly be at play here?

Kon, I think we are going to stick with the Max Kellerman hot take on this one. He’s cooked and it’s been called.

:rolleyes:

There is nothing more frustrating than knowing your potential and being blocked in attaining it

As you point out, hes reached his potential an infinite number of times. He knows what it takes the get there. Because of himself and the talent (or lack thereof) its not reaching its potential.

His frustration is totally understandable- especially for him.

I wish he a bit more even-keeled but whatever.

It’s depressing to watch Patriots fandom turning on Brady, but not entirely surprising. If he bails next season or retires and we inevitably begin our decline into mediocrity and irrelevancy we all deserve it as a fan base for being entitled, ungrateful ****s.

He has given it all for the organization and the fans for near twenty years and probably been the #1 reason for the greatest dynasty the sport has ever witnessed. God forbid he exhibit frustration at age 42 that they’ve provided dismal talent to work with for two straight seasons. He isn’t in his prime but he is still damn good when provided some help and when the time arrives to perform in the clutch he delivers better than anyone in the league.

So a collective **** you and enjoy the teams descent toward the bottom of the AFC East in the near future.
My post was tongue-in-cheek, which should be obvious.

Curran: Brady oozes disappointment after offense struggles

"Brady’s bound to come in for a pile of criticism this week for being bummed out after a win. On one level, that makes sense. A whole lot of his teammates played great and the team’s most important player looks like his dog got run over.

On the other side of it, after 20 seasons, Brady knows what good offensive football looks like. The Patriots aren’t playing it now and barely have all season. There are no signs that they are about to become potent. Brady knows that games when an opponent is going to be full strength and capable of hanging 30 on his defense are inevitable. Can he help them keep pace? He’s said in the past he’s at the stage where he now feels he has the answers to the test. Only problem is, with this offense, he’s taking the test without a pencil."

and

Curran: Why the sudden 'Eeyore' act from Brady?

"Are others going to see the whole picture in full relief and realize Despondent Tom has been marinating for a while? Through attempts to replace him. Through lowball contract offers that took advantage of his aversion to conflict. Through the lopping off of talented offensive pieces and the half-assed or lamebrained efforts to replace them.

Others could. Others will. Others are.

The Eeyore act isn’t a hit in Foxboro."

We shouldn’t have traded Demaryius Thomas because we got AB. We DEFINITELY shouldn’t have released Antonio Brown a week later for stupid reasons. And we shouldn’t have released Gordon for missing some meetings.

Myers and Gunner are definitely not ready for heavy workloads and Harry has missed too much time. Izzo and LaCosse are JAGs and Watson is old and ok for #2 or #3 like Crumpler's season with us, not at #1 TE.

We're seriously crippled in the receiving department and it's clearly the front office's fault for poor planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back