Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Curran: Brady oozes disappointment after offense struggles

"Brady’s bound to come in for a pile of criticism this week for being bummed out after a win. On one level, that makes sense. A whole lot of his teammates played great and the team’s most important player looks like his dog got run over.

On the other side of it, after 20 seasons, Brady knows what good offensive football looks like. The Patriots aren’t playing it now and barely have all season. There are no signs that they are about to become potent. Brady knows that games when an opponent is going to be full strength and capable of hanging 30 on his defense are inevitable. Can he help them keep pace? He’s said in the past he’s at the stage where he now feels he has the answers to the test. Only problem is, with this offense, he’s taking the test without a pencil."

and

Curran: Why the sudden 'Eeyore' act from Brady?

"Are others going to see the whole picture in full relief and realize Despondent Tom has been marinating for a while? Through attempts to replace him. Through lowball contract offers that took advantage of his aversion to conflict. Through the lopping off of talented offensive pieces and the half-assed or lamebrained efforts to replace them.

Others could. Others will. Others are.

The Eeyore act isn’t a hit in Foxboro."

No way Tom bails. He's too competitive. Plus it looks horrible if he bails meanwhile Jimmy is 10-1 in SF.

Is he 47 yet? :D

Brady can be down all he wants, but after watching the Chiefs game tonight, so far except for the Ravens (and who among us doesn't expect the Pats to be more prepared with a better game plan if we face them again), everyone looks eminently beatable in this year's NFL. I know it's taking a long time for the O to round into shape, but it appears we'll have the time to get it figured out in time for the playoffs. The team, especially Brady, just has to keep on keepin' on.

Curran: Brady oozes disappointment after offense struggles

"Brady’s bound to come in for a pile of criticism this week for being bummed out after a win. On one level, that makes sense. A whole lot of his teammates played great and the team’s most important player looks like his dog got run over.

On the other side of it, after 20 seasons, Brady knows what good offensive football looks like. The Patriots aren’t playing it now and barely have all season. There are no signs that they are about to become potent. Brady knows that games when an opponent is going to be full strength and capable of hanging 30 on his defense are inevitable. Can he help them keep pace? He’s said in the past he’s at the stage where he now feels he has the answers to the test. Only problem is, with this offense, he’s taking the test without a pencil."

and

Curran: Why the sudden 'Eeyore' act from Brady?

"Are others going to see the whole picture in full relief and realize Despondent Tom has been marinating for a while? Through attempts to replace him. Through lowball contract offers that took advantage of his aversion to conflict. Through the lopping off of talented offensive pieces and the half-assed or lamebrained efforts to replace them.

Others could. Others will. Others are.

The Eeyore act isn’t a hit in Foxboro."
Poor, beleaguered, downtrodden Tom. If only he had some success to fondly look back upon. Or movie star looks, lotsa money, a supermodel wife, adoring children and a mansion to help him forget his troubles. Oh, wait ...

I'm getting tired of Curran talking about Brady's "low ball" contract offers. Brady has been paid at or near the top of the market for a great majority of his career. At the end he's missing out on the explosion of the QB market that's been happening the last few years. But he ALSO must know that it would be extraordinarily stupid for his team to invest a top of the market contract on a 42 year old QB.

Also Brady has ALWAYS wisely traded the opportunity to get the last dollar in order to have a competitive team to surround him. If he wants to milk the last dollar out of the Pats, (money that wouldn't change his lifestyle one iota), he should be the one to tell Joe Thuney, or Jaime Collins, or any of the other Pats FA's that would like to stay here, that they can't get "their's" because he needs even more of "his".

If Brady truly feels "underappreciated" and "under paid" and is mad about it then F*CK HIM. Thanks for all the years that you weren't an as*hole, but I rooted for Tom Brady, NOT Tom Baby.

But frankly I think this is a media narrative perhaps fed by those surrounding Brady who have their own agendas. I'm hoping Brady is STILL the guy he's always been, just frustrated that the offense isn't contributing as much to this successful season as he'd like. I get that. But maybe someone should tell him that his pouting all the time is not only bad for the team, but it makes it look like he is blaming everyone ELSE on the offense for the results.

Every year, same ol song and dance. Brady this, Belichick that, hot shot behind the scenes coach/assistant of some type leaving the organization. It used to be infuriating, then it became exhausting, now it’s just down right hilarious. One day.....ONE day they will all be right. Until then, let’s enjoy it while we’ve got it.

If Brady truly feels "underappreciated" and "under paid" and is mad about it then F*CK HIM. Thanks for all the years that you weren't an as*hole, but I rooted for Tom Brady, NOT Tom Baby.

This is a bit harsh. TB12 has been underpaid for most of his career.

TB12 has been underpaid for most of his career.

The question should never be the monetary compensation given that with the dollar figures being given now to NFL starting QBs any semi-competent individual will be able set himself and his family up for not just their lives but 2-3 generations.

The more true approach should be LEGACY! That's what should be the topic of conversation - would you rather be richer (already rich, hell add his wife's compensation and they're crazy rolling) or have a chance at the most SB title's EVER, be the undisputed, undeniable GOAT, and have your name alongside legends of ALL sports for the next 50-100 years at a minimum?

A guy like Brady can always make more money just by being Tom Brady without doing anything else on the football field, but to be the QB for the only team to ever win seven SBs? No amount of money replaces that as a lasting legacy.

I don’t have the slightest issue with Brady being upset on a day where the offense scored their only TD on a trick play—after they had lost the game before.

As a matter of fact, I want him to be pissed off about their struggles.

here's a take that Brady's attitude is the 'Bat Signal' sent to Gronk...

Exploring possible motives for Tom Brady playing pity card
I honestly think that he’s just frustrated. He’s putting in long hours and doing lots of extra work. He could be genuinely irked that they released Gordon, who at least knew the offense. I’ve said it several times now: I don’t care for the timing of all of this. I don’t think it was the best idea to bring in a new WR (Sanu) while he also has to try and hold the hands of Harry and Meyers, while getting rid of Gordon. That’s 3 new receivers, along with the 2 week waste of time that was Antonio Brown.

And the running game blows, and the OL hasn’t played well. And the TEs are practically invisible. That’s got to suck when you thought things were lining up nicely just 6 weeks ago.

Not sure I disagree or agree with Curran, but my view is very unpopular. I am seeing a decline in #12, he powered through it last year.. but this year every incompletion is not the receivers fault, he has made some bad throws and bad decisions..

Maybe I am conditioned to him making chicken salad out of chicken crap, but he seems to lack the focus and desire I have seen in the past..

He should be upset at the way the Offense played, but he is part of the offense and needs to be the leader we have come to know...

He’s 42, the offense is playing poorly, and he’s not signed next year. I’m sure that’s frustrating and disappointing. If the offense can pick it up and they keep winning, he won’t look so sullen.

Reactions: SVN
A lot of ridiculous takes by Curran, the media and some on this forum lately imo.

We've discussed the Oline issues ad nauseam. We've discussed the injuries to Andrews, Wynn, Devlin. We understand what the lack of Gronk and even Allen means. We've discussed the difficulties for a new receiver to pickup the EP offense. But we can't understand why TB is frustrated?

He knows that despite having a great defense this team does not have a championship caliber offense which could possibly hurt this team's ultimate goal.

It's not about the money. It's not about the stats. It's not about his legacy. It is and has always been about winning.

Not sure I disagree or agree with Curran, but my view is very unpopular. I am seeing a decline in #12, he powered through it last year.. but this year every incompletion is not the receivers fault, he has made some bad throws and bad decisions..

Maybe I am conditioned to him making chicken salad out of chicken crap, but he seems to lack the focus and desire I have seen in the past..

He should be upset at the way the Offense played, but he is part of the offense and needs to be the leader we have come to know...

I don't know how we could state " decline" when he's been dealing with a swiss cheese Oline all season.

A lot of ridiculous takes by Curran, the media and some on this forum lately imo.

We've discussed the Oline issues ad nauseam. We've discussed the injuries to Andrews, Wynn, Devlin. We understand what the lack of Gronk and even Allen means. We've discussed the difficulties for a new receiver to pickup the EP offense. But we can't understand why TB is frustrated?

He knows that despite having a great defense this team does not have a championship caliber offense which could possibly hurt this team's ultimate goal.

It's not about the money. It's not about the stats. It's not about his legacy. It is and has always been about winning.
You had me at “ad nauseum.”

I don't know how we could state " decline" when he's been dealing with a swiss cheese Oline all season.

I agree sort of. There’s no better pocket passer, and I’m wary of running QBs, but I wonder if the game has changed enough that his inability to run well has become more of a problem.

Are others going to see the whole picture in full relief and realize Despondent Tom has been marinating for a while? Through attempts to replace him. Through lowball contract offers that took advantage of his aversion to conflict. Through the lopping off of talented offensive pieces and the half-assed or lamebrained efforts to replace them.

If everything is so bad for Brady there is an easy solution. Retire or sign with another team this offseason.

Surely the success will just translate, and all the money and the skill players that the coaching staff is denying you will just be there. It will be so much fun.

Otherwise show some mental toughness instead of venting your frustration and continue grinding away like the rest of the team has been doing for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down