PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Try to be positive for once

Too many trolls on here now, there is no positivity with them. When the team wins, you hear nothing from them, in fact, the only time you hear from them is when we are losing. They contribute nothing to this forum and offer nothing but negativity.

I like to focus on the positive things and think some of these tough losses that we have had will only make our team better going forward!!!!

Let's go!!!!
I enjoy just rooting for the team, and all these young players, without playing coach, GM, and/or owner. And as someone who's been a Pats fan since 1971, with the success this team has had over the previous two decades, I feel like I'm playing with house money. Go Pats! :)

Theres gonna be overreactions after a loss like that. Just to be expected, it was a sh**fest.

I think at the end of the day we have alot of work ahead for 2023, but its not always as bad as it seems. The team is 7-7, probably looking at a losing record once these next 3 are done. But still some positives to build off of heading into an offseason which is going to be a very important one. I think that’ll dictate whether we get this rebuild headed back in the right direction or if we’re heading towards some truly dark times.

I'm going in a different direction looking for positives about yesterday's loss:

Yesterday's loss of December 18th, 2022 is a loss that will go down in "infamy" because of the way we lost. However this loss will never exceed the infamous loss of February 3rd 2008 when the Pats lost The Perfect Season to the NY Giants. That loss had me feeling badly for weeks after which I decided to never, ever, allow myself to feel that badly over a sport's team's loss again. Don't get me wrong. I was very disappointed, angry and experienced all the emotions of yesterday's loss.

However, shortly after yesterday's loss, I immediately went to work to dump those sh y feelings. The way I look at it is owners, coaches and players get paid a 'pantload" of money to play a game that most of us could only dream about.

After my feelings following yesterday's game, I asked myself - How's my own game going? How's my family doing? How's my health? Do I have most of the positive things that I could reasonably expect to have at my age? Looking for positives in my own life can greatly diminish the feelings of negativity following a Pat's loss or any other team I might follow. Or most simply put, it's only a game folks.

I'm deep into the 4th Quarter of my own game and hoping for some overtime LOL. I've been a loyal Pat's fan for over 50 years. The Patriots are important to me but I'm fortunate to have many more things in my life that are more important.

I'm going in a different direction looking for positives about yesterday's loss:

Yesterday's loss of December 18th, 2022 is a loss that will go down in "infamy" because of the way we lost. However this loss will never exceed the infamous loss of February 3rd 2008 when the Pats lost The Perfect Season to the NY Giants. That loss had me feeling badly for weeks after which I decided to never, ever, allow myself to feel that badly over a sport's team's loss again. Don't get me wrong. I was very disappointed, angry and experienced all the emotions of yesterday's loss.

However, shortly after yesterday's loss, I immediately went to work to dump those sh y feelings. The way I look at it is owners, coaches and players get paid a 'pantload" of money to play a game that most of us could only dream about.

After my feelings following yesterday's game, I asked myself - How's my own game going? How's my family doing? How's my health? Do I have most of the positive things that I could reasonably expect to have at my age? Looking for positives in my own life can greatly diminish the feelings of negativity following a Pat's loss or any other team I might follow. Or most simply put, it's only a game folks.

I'm deep into the 4th Quarter of my own game and hoping for some overtime LOL. I've been a loyal Pat's fan for over 50 years. The Patriots are important to me but I'm fortunate to have many more things in my life that are more important.
I couldn't sleep that night.

I'm glad Twitter wasn't a thing back then or I'd have to avoid that as much as I avoided sports talk and sports websites for a while.

The thing that was weird is it seemed like the offensive line issues almost disappeared when Zappe was starting. I don't know what they were doing differently but they need to go back to it.
It was almost like the coaches said, ooops, that's working, lets stop this now! NFL and owners may have mandated the Pats to lay low to allow fan interest to revive in the rest of the league. It's too soon for the Pats to reemerge. That would explain BB's nonchalant hands off style now and why he turned the coaching job. over to OJT trainees.Maybe the NFL is more scripted than we dare think. Interesting how much parity they have created and all the close games going down to the wire. Refs can create that as well as mandates for coaches to shave points and strategically lose games. Its an entertainment business after all and the league prints money for the owners.

Mac10 is the biggest troll on this forum, yet he gets a pass because he pretends to like BB while constantly trolling the Patriots past successes and achievements to troll Brady, which is perfectly fine with some of the mods.
Those passive-aggressive shots at Brady are also trolling. He can't help himself. I think he's a bigger fan than all of us and won't admit it. Or got turned down for an autograph. Or a date. Lol

The offense hadn’t found a rhythm, but we still should have won 2,3 more games. Yesterday what beat us was a blown hike to the punter, an atrocious call in the ez, and a freakin 50 yard return of a blown lateral.

Should have also beaten the Vikes, Mac threw for 382. And the Packers. And the Ravens too. At worst we should be 9-5 even with the offense the way it is.

Last edited:
Positives:

Rham is on his way to being the first 1,000 rusher since LaGarrette Blount in 2016!

Uche is first BB draft pick since Chandler Jones in 2015 to eclipse 10 sacks in a season.

Marcus Jones leads the NFL in 20+ yard punt returns with 5 and has the longest punt return of the year.

We haven't seen many close ups of Steve Belichick.

Yesterday’s loss is a good thing for Patriots in long term
Positive change is coming.
Without yesterday's loss this team would be stuck in rut of mediocrity for years

Last edited:
A positive thought - it's great to see Mac is no longer the worst quarterback on the team (it's Meyers).

POSITIVE :

Patriots record : 7-10

Top 15 pick!

Still believe in Mac (coaching can wreck a player); and Zappe looked excellent, gives us two potential QBs
running back room is crazy good -- strong and harris look great; ram is ridiculous;
guards and center look good -- trent could rebound at tackle
D-line has been outstanding; wise (who would have thunk?) godchaux, too. and barmore will be a beast
pass rush with judon and uche - nice!
bentley has been a solid LB
didn't even miss JC - jones boys are awesome; safeties are solid
marcus is a true find
bill is still the goat
sometimes it's just a weird bad year; next year, luck could turn our way.
[that wasn't so difficult, ha ha]

Last edited:
The Patriots probably found at least a viable backup in Zappe and that means Hoyer will never play another down. With all due respect to Hoyer but it’s time.

Bob seger summed it up......
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick