PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown's surprise cut pick: Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston Herald - "Thinking very strongly that Maroney could be on his way out"
NFL Network - Maroney might be done in New England
[urll=http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/final-patriots-roster-predictions-laurence-maroneys-32-yards-in-preseason-finale-not-enough.html]NESN.com - Final Roster Predictions: Maroney won't make it[/url]

Word keeps on building yet you all called Troy an idiot...

I don't think Troy's an idiot. But the list of people who are wrong, and who will be proven wrong in 2 days, is getting pretty long.

I'm going to try and up this thread during every game that Maroney starts this season

I'm going to try and up this thread during every game that Maroney starts this season

Please do. FWIW, all of these people were posting the same crap before last season. I even had a guy quoted in my sig who was 100% certain that Maroney and Watson would never play another down for the Pats, before Ian told us to stop quoting dumb stuff that other people said in our sigs.

It would probably even take a fairly significantly bad season for him to not even be given a contract offer after this year.

He's nothing special but he's nothing horrible, either.

I used to think Maroney was gone, and maybe he will be traded away if there is an opportunity, but now I ask myself what is the upside of cutting a player who is still on his rookie contract, and plays behind two RBs who are easily injured.

The only thing I am reading from this preseason is that he may not receive as much reps as he used to.

Interesting thread here.

5 RBs were kept. Good faith shown in Maroney. :rolleyes:

How the hell did BJGE make the cut?

No burst...
Little power...
No moves....

What does he bring to the table?

Last edited:
How the hell did BJGE make the cut?

No bust...
Little power...
No moves....

What does he bring to the table?

Youth and less injured.

You know Maroney will go though his usual injury and the other guys on Geritol are high risks to make it through the season unscathed...that is all there needs to be said here.

Bjge will be cut if they pick up any other free agents.

Troy also said on WEEI yesterday that he thinks Brady ending up in SF is not at all far-fetched.

Troy also said on WEEI yesterday that he thinks Brady ending up in SF is not at all far-fetched.

Neither do I.

Actually, id be surprised if TFB DIDNT play for SF by the end of his career.

Neither do I.

Actually, id be surprised if TFB DIDNT play for SF by the end of his career.

This has crossed my mind as well. Multiple pix would come and we'd have Hoyer.

We should try to enjoy this years offense as much as possible this year.

Life without Brady is coming anyway we look at it.

Just to soften the blow of the Brady trade the Patriots will sign Matt Leinhart to a 5 year 50 million dollar contract just watch!:rolleyes:

BRADY TO 49ers ??
I went to watch tom play in pebble beach pro am a few years back and while I was following him I was walking with his dad and we were talking about it .I asked what the were chances of tom finishing his career with them at first his dad said no then he thought about it and said well you never no.Toms dad was great to talk to he was a real nice guy we walked about four holes together talking football .I would not be suprised to see there at some point.

Just to soften the blow of the Brady trade the Patriots will sign Matt Leinhart to a 5 year 50 million dollar contract just watch!:rolleyes:

I dont think anyone is suggesting this will happen anytime soon. Just by the end of his career. Many fans I know share the same sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST