PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBLIII

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
what's the likelihood we re-sign him and in what price range will he be?

Unlikely he's back and he's going to get big money from someone.

Spotrac ( Click - Trey Flowers ) projects to around $15m a year and they're usually pretty accurate.

Knowing how this team operates they have tried locking him up and he declined. Because the NEP do not negotiate against themselves he will test the market.

50/50

Knowing how this team operates they have tried locking him up and he declined. Because the NEP do not negotiate against themselves he will test the market.

50/50
This seems generally right. Hopefully they take this year as reason to pick up the negotiations hard before free agency.

50/50

Yep. He's been real good since the very beginning which pretty much killed our chances of extending him early for a discount. Wouldn't have the 5th ring without him being that good in his second year, so I suppose it was worth it.

I feel like if he was inclined to stay on any hometown discount rate he would’ve already signed an extension by now. I think he will be looking to get paid.

The questions that needs to be asked are:

Who was the Pats best D-lineman in the BB era? That’s easy. Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and Chandler Jones (didn’t get 2nd contract), Flowers.

How much did he get paid and where did he rank among others at his position at that time?

Where does Flowers rank among the D-lineman during the BB regime?

This could give us an idea of whether or not the Pats will make a push to resign him.

I think Flowers signs to the highest bidder and plays in a scheme where he can get more favorable matchups to get sacks which will set him up for one more contract. I think he could be a 10+ sack guy. It’s hard for him to do that in NE. I could see the 49ers making a hard push for him. They need defensive help and he would pair up nicely with Buckner. Solomon Thomas is a mega bust.

Last edited:
Is the difference between Pats offering 5 years at $60 Mil and a less successful team offering 5 at $75 Mil worth suffering through 3-13 seasons like Chandler Jones does? Seriously what does that extra 15 million buy that you couldn't afford with $60 million.

Is the difference between Pats offering 5 years at $60 Mil and a less successful team offering 5 at $75 Mil worth suffering through 3-13 seasons like Chandler Jones does? Seriously what does that extra 15 million buy that you couldn't afford with $60 million.
We don’t know what he’s thinking. Maybe he wants to move closer to his hometown? Maybe he wants to play in a different scheme?

The questions that needs to be asked are:

Who was the Pats best D-lineman in the BB era? That’s easy. Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and Chandler Jones (didn’t get 2nd contract), Flowers.

How much did he get paid and where did he rank among others at his position at that time?

Where does Flowers rank among the D-lineman during the BB regime?

This could give us an idea of whether or not the Pats will make a push to resign him.

I think Flowers signs to the highest bidder and plays in a scheme where he can get more favorable matchups to get sacks which will set him up for one more contract. I think he could be a 10+ sack guy. It’s hard for him to do that in NE. I could see the 49ers making a hard push for him. They need defensive help and he would pair up nicely with Buckner. Solomon Thomas is a mega bust.

Seymour, Wilfork, Warren are totally unlike the others. Flowers and Jones are DE-OLB types. The first three are all DT types somewhat more athletic because we played a 3-4 and they anchored it as #1 picks.

As well he should. It’s a brutal game.
I fully understand your position and I suspect most here would agree with you.

If I’m making the call, I choose quality of life instead of “only the money”. I’m not talking 1/4 the $, but rather I would choose to make 50M where I’m happy over 75M where I’m less happy... I don’t know Flowers, so I don’t know what makes him happy.

I think too many posters always argue “the most money always makes the most sense”. But when you are talking about being very rich vs very very rich, I think some people would consider more factors.

As well he should. It’s a brutal game.
Indeed. I don’t fault any of these guys for trying to maximize every potential dollar. Many of them don’t even get the one bite of the apple.

50/50

I think that stance goes out the Window. Flowers is one of our Two Best Players on D the other being Stephon Gilmore...no brainer signing if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back