PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers to be released by the Lions

Not non existent but very rare.
Against good running teams it was used regulary if I remember right
The result wasn’t pretty

How about instead the Patriots make an aggressive move for one of these edge rushers... Von Miller, Chandler Jones, Jadeveon Clowney, or Emmanuel Ogbah. I'd rather see either one of these players paired with Judon.
How will you afford that without creating weaknesses across the roster?

Against good running teams it was used regulary if I remember right
The result wasn’t pretty
Do you have a game in mind?
It was used at times against better running teams but nowhere near regularly.

Why was @crawhammer banned from this thread and his posts deleted @Ian? He was engaged in thoughtful discussion?

This censorship is nonsense.

Do you have a game in mind?
It was used at times against better running teams but nowhere near regularly.
Not out of my mind but I could rewatch it tomorrow with A22 and pm you if you want
You think ? I don’t know , I feel like i have seen it often in some games
But back to the actual topic I think if they resign flowers which I hope for the 5T then we still need another stud like Brandon Williams or fatukasi or a draft pick and move God to 3/4 T
Otherwise it would still be not enough in the d line

Not out of my mind but I could rewatch it tomorrow with A22 and pm you if you want
You think ? I don’t know , I feel like i have seen it often in some games
But back to the actual topic I think if they resign flowers which I hope for the 5T then we still need another stud like Brandon Williams or fatukasi or a draft pick and move God to 3/4 T
Otherwise it would still be not enough in the d line
I’d guess the most would have been maybe 10 snaps in a game.
I would want Judon and Flowers on the edge, Barmore and Godchaux inside. I don’t like Guy playing over the nose ever, and don’t know why Carl Davis wasn’t there more.
I’m more concerned about the 2 LBs.

I would want Judon and Flowers on the edge, Barmore and Godchaux inside. I don’t like Guy playing over the nose ever, and don’t know why Carl Davis wasn’t there more.
Sure, if we add Flowers, then the concern is certainly about the LB's.

I would want Judon and Flowers on the edge, Barmore and Godchaux inside.
I agree but those two aren’t enough at DT with those DE to stop the run imo
Next to barmore there would have to be a stout fatty to make this work who can hold his own against double teams
I don’t like Guy playing over the nose ever, and don’t know why Carl Davis wasn’t there more.
Agree on guy
Carl davis wasn’t that good , he did play a bit but it didn’t help our run defense much or significant
I am more concerned about the IDL
If they can’t hold up and keep LB clean they have a hard time
This is also crucial to our third down defense
Signing a stud LB or drafting a speed Lb isn’t helping if the offense linemen keep going to the second level

Next to barmore there would have to be a stout fatty to make this work who can hold his own against double teams

Agree on guy
Carl davis wasn’t that good , he did play a bit but it didn’t help our run defense much or significant

Signing a stud LB or drafting a speed Lb isn’t helping if the offense linemen keep going to the second level
The LBs were a bigger problem than the DTs in the games we were run on IMO.
You can’t really “keep LBs clean” in a nickel base, they need to shed blocks and make plays. Hightower was one of the best, and made that scheme go, but he has not the same last year.

Agree on guy

Exactly. Never good when your LB’s are piling up high amounts of tackles. There’s a reason Bobby Wagner had 170 tackles last season. Didn’t make it his best season, just meant the front was getting snowplowed.

Exactly. Never good when your LB’s are piling up high amounts of tackles. There’s a reason Bobby Wagner had 170 tackles last season. Didn’t make it his best season, just meant the front was getting snowplowed.
Huh?

Most defenses stress that the lineman cover the holes and make sure the offensive lineman can not climb to the second level, thus allowing your LB to make the tackles. That is how most defenses are designed to operate.

If your safeties are your leading tacklers, then, You are in trouble.

Huh?

Most defenses stress that the lineman cover the holes and make sure the offensive lineman can not climb to the second level, thus allowing your LB to make the tackles. That is how most defenses are designed to operate.

If your safeties are your leading tacklers, then, You are in trouble.
Huh? Lb’s and secondary make tackles with help from your dline. When your dline isnt doing its job than of course the LB’s tackle total are going to be higher than normal. And yes, I realize LB’s normally lead the team in tackles.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back