PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers goes to the Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t need to. I actually played football. Did you?

I played 2 years in HS but I was a hoops player.
I'm guessing you maybe played Pop Warner based on your posts.

I played 2 years in HS but I was a hoops player.
I'm guessing you maybe played Pop Warner based on your posts.
I was a Pop Warner star. I even had my own football card made.

* I am NOT affiliated with the Detroit Lions...

Like several others have said, I'm sad about this and yet completely understand it from both sides' perspective.

I really enjoyed watching Fkowers play here. I wish him well and I wish us better.

Good for Tre.

Flowers is greener on the other side

I knew they were going to make a strong run at him... not surprising

If you still care about sacks you are looking at it wrong. You have to look at the full picture. Flowers is not a classic pass rusher but closer to someone like Clowney (actually better) who can affect plays from anywhere on the line.

I’ve actually said he could be better than what we’ve seen.

In fact, I think he’s a better pass rusher than you and others give him credit for. Like Hightower, he’s a very good bull rusher off the edge. But because the Pats don’t have a presence inside, they’ve had to use Flowers to pick up the slack in that area which makes it harder for him to get to the QB and put up sexy stats.

I've learned with the Patriots over the years to trust the process....we lost half our team last year and ended up winning the superbowl.

I'm refusing to comment on this signing until I get FCB's all important "Unbiased" take...

You've got to appreciate the consistent, unflappable wrongness of everything he posts. At some point I just wish I had the willpower he does to be wrong all the time and yet to never look back at how wrong he was and always be there at the end of the season to root and cheer when we win despite all the dumb and wrong stuff he says.

He's an inspiration to me. I wish I could be so completely, utterly 100% wrong all the time and not beat myself up about it.

Im fine with this. Please get Houston now.

I made the mistake of turning on Felger and Mazz. I feel so much dumber listening to Mazz rant about how the Patriots are cheap for not matching the Lions. I guess he thinks the NFL is MLB.

Good luck Trey.:(

Because I really didn't expect Flowers to be back, this is the best news possible.

It had been reported that the Jets and Colts were interested. THAT would have sucked.

You were a good soldier for us, Trey. No hard feelings here that you turned that into real money. I would not have wanted BB to match that deal. Godspeed and good luck in Detroit. You'll need it.

I really liked Flowers and wish he was still with the Patriots but at least he’s heading out of the division and conference.

Sounds like Patricia & Quinn are loading up to try and keep their jobs.

Would anyone have been okay paying Flowers 16-17 million per season? I am legitimately asking. I do think the team will feel his departure.

Depends on the contract and the guarantee.

What's the last year salary like? Is the guarantee lower than half?

If the Lions cut him after 4 years, will he effectively average $14-15 milion, or about what Gilmore makes? If that is so, then yes I would have liked the Patriots to sign him for that.

But if the guarantee is such that there is no way the Lions will cut him for his fifth season, in which his salary is backloaded, and the real value of the contract is indeed $16-17m, then that is perhaps way too rich for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News