PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers goes to the Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing. I think the writing was on the wall when we got Bennett. Took me a while to realize Flowers was an impact player. But he was. Best of luck to him

We should go after Ezekiel Ansah.

I'll miss you Trey. Wish you could have been a 3 time Super Bowl champion.:(

Not worth it. Good Luck Trey

Does this mean we keep Clayborn? I still think they'll cut him and draft a replacement especially with Bennett joining.
I'm very confident in saying they will be drafting a DE/Edge or two with their first 6 picks. Might even trade up.

Trey Flowers grew in our system and became a vital cog, now he can languish in Detroit and talk about the way things used to have been..

Of course Florio is languishing about how the Pats are getting richer with two more 3rd round compensatory picks in the next draft..

I doubt he’s going to be playing for Patricia for very long, but congrats to him. That’s excellent money and he earned it.

Money talks

Would anyone have been okay paying Flowers 16-17 million per season? I am legitimately asking. I do think the team will feel his departure.

Great player, but that's a ton of money. I thought that when Brown wasn't signed, there was a chance they'd spend the $$ on Flowers. At least they won't have to face him until 2022.

Bennett is a huge get then. Shouldn't really see much of a dropoff from Flowers to Bennett in 2019. Who knows beyond that. But for next year it should be fine. Hope to see improvement from Wise and Rivers. Draft another DL (and OT). The compensatory picks will be nice.

This will be an important draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case