PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers goes to the Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year we let the important players leave and every year BB somehow figures it out. I believe he predicted Flowers' departure and has got plan B.I wish Flowers well but it is not the end of the world for the Pats.
Bennett,Claybourn,Rivers,Wise and I hope a pass rusher taken in the draft sounds reasonable.

Will there be any good pass rushers in this years draft to be found in the 2nd and 3rd round?

Really sad to see him go. It sucks to see a player you drafted develop into a great player and you can't find a way to sign him long term. Trey was model pro and fit everything the Pats do on and off the field. But the money has got awful steep awful quickly. I can't blame Bill for passing. This is how he does things and I'll back it.

Whelp, that whole "should we keep Trent or Trey" game we were playing last week turned to crap.

Every year we let the important players leave and every year BB somehow figures it out. I believe he predicted Flowers' departure and has got plan B.I wish Flowers well but it is not the end of the world for the Pats.
Bennett,Claybourn,Rivers,Wise and I hope a pass rusher taken in the draft sounds reasonable.

Just a point it's funny how some would like to cut Adrian Clayborne and keep Derek Rivers who hasn't shown didley squat.:confused:

Schefter said it was a 5 year deal...

I am guessing 85M total value with at least 30M guaranteed...

Will there be any good pass rushers in this years draft to be found in the 2nd and 3rd round?
Winovich or Ferguson should be available. Quiet interesting prospects IMO.

Great player but not worth superstar money. Best of luck to him.

Michael Bennett is the plan B. Very similar player to Flowers. Can line anywhere. He will play less snaps and is not the same player Flowers is, but for 40-45% of the price you get 80% of the player and a comp pick. That is a GREAT deal IMO. They will have Bennett + Wise + Clayborn and a rookie probably that is good unit

Really sad to see him go. It sucks to see a player you drafted develop into a great player and you can't find a way to sign him long term. Trey was model pro and fit everything the Pats do on and off the field. But the money has got awful steep awful quickly. I can't blame Bill for passing. This is how he does things and I'll back it.

There is nothing that this league punishes more severely than success.

The reward for doing good job at developing FO, coaches and players is that you lose them to teams that are doing bad job - who then compete for the same players & values with significant more money and cap. I don't think there is another business model like this around. The fact that BB is surviving all that for 20 years is beyond amazing bordering miracle..

At this point cutting Clayborn would be ridiculous.

4Mill for a guy that can give 4 to 6 sacks is a bargain not counting pressures.

I also expect us to re-sign Simon.

Michael Bennett is the plan B. Very similar player to Flowers. Can line anywhere. He will play less snaps and is not the same player Flowers is, but for 40-45% of the price you get 80% of the player and a comp pick. That is a GREAT deal IMO. They will have Bennett + Wise + Clayborn and a rookie probably that is good unit

4Mill for a guy that can give 4 to 6 sacks is bargain not counting pressures.
To be honest I am not a fan of Clayborne but I believe his second year in the system will make him to be a more consistent player. But of course he is not a solution in a bigger picture.

Wish they would’ve opened the purse strings for Flowers, but as always the Pats have a plan and the results speak for themselves.

To be honest I am not a fan of Clayborne but I believe his second year in the system will make him to be a more consistent player. But of course he is not a solution in a bigger picture.

Id be surprised if Clayborn is on the team come September. He can possibly be a minor trade asset later in offseason. Feels like a stand-in until most edge cards play out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back