PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Trent Brown trade to Pats

Thanks to Brady, Brown was the highest paid OL in the NFL in 2020 and 2nd highest paid on the Raiders roster. 21 million and played 5 games. His 2021 pay is 14 million. Surely the Pats wont pay him that.

This all but confirms that the band is getting back together and Jimmy G is coming home.

Thanks to Brady, Brown was the highest paid OL in the NFL in 2020 and 2nd highest paid on the Raiders roster. 21 million and played 5 games. His 2021 pay is 14 million. Surely the Pats wont pay him that.

This all but confirms that the band is getting back together and Jimmy G is coming home.
That or the Patriots like someone else.
Any chance we grab incognito?

So in a perfect world?

LT Brown.
LG Wynn.
C Andrews.
RG Shaq.
RT Onwenu.

Is that better than:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Brown

I like that they have multiple guys who can play different positions on the line with great effectiveness.

Move has me salivating. The OL is going to be nasty if they retain Andrews. Love it, and the fact it’ll probably be a near wash financially if they cut Cannon and that the pick swap is likely extremely minimal, it’s a masterful move.

Also makes me wonder their intentions. Garoppolo? Gotta give him a great OL to protect him. Or perhaps trying to give great protection for a rookie player?

Is that better than:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Brown

I like that they have multiple guys who can play different positions on the line with great effectiveness.
The flexibility you speak of is key : lose one guy or two, there'll still be options. Hoping the starters gel and play every game. All but spells the end of Thuney (which we already knew, but...)

Trade was a steal!

I LOVE this trade. Only downside is it’s a 5th round pick for only 1 season of Brown. Hopefully they can work out a long term team friendly deal next offseason.

I LOVE this trade. Only downside is it’s a 5th round pick for only 1 season of Brown. Hopefully they can work out a long term team friendly deal next offseason.
2022 5th rounder! I think they extend him next offseason!

The dude is actually still only 27. Wonder if they entertain an extension next year. Could still be great for several more years, especially if he is the RT. Although, Wynn will also need a new deal.

So in a perfect world?

LT Brown.
LG Wynn.
C Andrews.
RG Shaq.
RT Onwenu.

Onwenu is seen as guard not tackle.

In a perfect world it is Wynn, Onwenu, Andrews, Shaq, Brown.

As tempting as it is to put Onwenu next to Brown to have total run game dominance I really like the balance keeping him as LG and Brown as RT provides.

And for run downs you can stillplay around with where Onwenu lines up.

Of course that would require Wynn to play a full season for a change.

Great trade imo especially with Cannon losing any leverage to not cut some money off his contract. It also makes losing Thuney more palpable.

A nice start into '21.

oCOhdj0TanP-LlQ8gNBJmez4H58fe3RW13QgS8mlUXULLQUY9KljusL3TeGGS4TNRXySAwEMIELHQDYyiL8hswqH2JrDAY8VWdDL-jMaf4fKvVi6hCoyy1uJXCxwcg

very nice. Now if they can keep andrews and get a decent qb to keep defenses from stacking the box harris and michel will feast. Hopefully bb can also strengthen the front 7 next, we may not have a ton of playmakers as of yet but if we’re strong in the trenches we can still be very competitive

Well it's a 5th rounder getting a 7th rounder back. So it's not giving up too much, and it's a full year away, and they get a terrific player for that small compensation.

Hell of a trade.

Onwenu is seen as guard not tackle.

In a perfect world it is Wynn, Onwenu, Andrews, Shaq, Brown.

As tempting as it is to put Onwenu next to Brown to have total run game dominance I really like the balance keeping him as LG and Brown as RT provides.

And for run downs you can stillplay around with where Onwenu lines up.

Of course that would require Wynn to play a full season for a change.

Great trade imo especially with Cannon losing any leverage to not cut some money off his contract. It also makes losing Thuney more palpable.

A nice start into '21.
He was outstanding as a RT at an NFL level.

Assuming he'll move is presumptive.

By the looks of that front porch he may have put on that Covid 20 lbs and then some.

safe_image.php

I cannot wait for the Patriots to line up and run lead-iso draw plays one after another... all the way up the field. Some teams won't have an answer.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back