PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Trent Brown trade to Pats

There goes our watch of great OT draft class.. Or does it? BB could own the OL market :)

If Little falls id still catch him..

Center higher could be in play now..
I'm super interested on their thoughts on the OL class. Maybe they go swing tackle mid round? I agree about Little and the center position. There are 4-5 guys that could start this year.

In any case this buys us some flexibility but I'm not passing in round two or three for example. If the value is there. Hopefully Brown stays healthy, available but he's not a sure thing and Wynn has missed some time. Just think this is us giving our war room more flexibility.

Does he move to RT ?
Good question Farn, my initial thoughts are Brown is at LT, Thuney is gone, Wynn moves to RT and Owenu is at LG. Just an initial thought....Love the move though.

Move has me salivating. The OL is going to be nasty if they retain Andrews. Love it, and the fact it’ll probably be a near wash financially if they cut Cannon and that the pick swap is likely extremely minimal, it’s a masterful move.

Also makes me wonder their intentions. Garoppolo? Gotta give him a great OL to protect him. Or perhaps trying to give great protection for a rookie player?
Ross I agree, this has the potential to be a real nasty O-line. In a perfect world, I'd like to have Thuney at center, I know unrealistic with the salary but if we were able to upgrade Andrews with Thuney, then wow!!!! I don't want to pick on Andrews, I think he is a good locker room guy and leader and a pretty good player.

The league thinking of opening investigation in BB FA collusion scam:

Letting FAs go for big $ - they play **** - return on 1y cheap & ball - bank another big one in FA - BB collecting comp picks..

#sabotageparity
I'm hearing from my sources that an emergency meeting will be taking place today to eliminate compensatory picks immediately ;)

Trent has fun in Foxbro

I'm in shock by how cheap this is. The difference between the last pick in the 5th Round (Pat's) and one of the first picks in the 7th Round (Raiders') is only about 35 picks.

What's next?

This coaching staff is always a year or two ahead of the pendulum swings on offense. Defenses are now built to stop fast break offenses. The Pats will have 7 starting caliber, versatile OL by the time they finish camp to power a running attack.
You do know that the Raiders had a better record in 2020 than the Pats right? Can't automatically slot the Pats into one of the last picks anymore

I'm hearing from my sources that an emergency meeting will be taking place today to eliminate compensatory pics immediately ;)

Nothing about long-term suspensions for players who underperform after leaving NE and sign back?

You do know that the Raiders had a better record in 2020 than the Pats right? Can't automatically slot the Pats into one of the last picks anymore

The point was you can create 5th round pick (esp. future) out of thin air whenever you feel like it. One small trade down etc.
If Mount stays healthy this could be a net gain in picks for NE (comp)

Jonnu Smith and Curtis Samuel with Jimmy G at QB. Would be a nice turn around on offense. IF, we can keep Jimmy G healthy

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back