PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trap Game?

I mentioned this a couple of days ago but Brady went into last week's game having never lost to the Bengals, while averaging over 30 points per game. We know how that worked out :rolleyes:

However, Drew Brees has never lost to Brady in his career and had a huge game the last time. Would be nice to see things work out in the Patriots favor in that way for a change.

Last edited:
there is never a time that you are playing a Tom brady led team and you think "trap game"

Silly suggestion

For the Saints? Can't see it. Too good. Pats O stinks and the Saints D is very good

For the Saints? Can't see it. Too good. Pats O stinks and the Saints D is very good

How good is the Saints run defense? Check out their average years oer carry allowed....that is our best hope right there.

How good is the Saints run defense? Check out their average years oer carry allowed....that is our best hope right there.

Problem is we don't know if Ridley is 100%. He is playing...but if his snaps are limited..you think Blount will carve up that D? He can maybe carve a turkey

How are the saints putting up 42 when they haven't hit that mark yet and the pats are the best defense they've face so far? Saints will be lucky to drop 30.

Well the pats will be doing a lot of three and outs. So that means many possessions for new Orleans and many TDs.

I'd say the Patriots haven't been a trap opponent for anyone since 2001... at least what I would call a "trap"...

Football is all about matchups and IMO this is the most unfavorable matchup the Patriots will face this year.

And that includes the Broncos game.

Football is all about matchups and IMO this is the most unfavorable matchup the Patriots will face this year.

And that includes the Broncos game.

I agree. They have a better shot vs the Broncos then this game. Saints have the better D and Pats have a struggling O

I agree. They have a better shot vs the Broncos then this game. Saints have the better D and Pats have a struggling O

It seems inconsistent. Like against Atlanta and Tampa, it looked halfway decent. But them against the jets and Cincy, it looked anemic. But I think we need a te (gronk) that can be the red zone beast and a healthy amendola. We can't expect the rooks to be on the same page as tom and produce like vets IMO. They can do it part of the time, but not 100%.

It seems inconsistent. Like against Atlanta and Tampa, it looked halfway decent. But them against the jets and Cincy, it looked anemic. But I think we need a te (gronk) that can be the red zone beast and a healthy amendola. We can't expect the rooks to be on the same page as tom and produce like vets IMO. They can do it part of the time, but not 100%.

cincy and jets have good Ds...ATLs D is horrid

Its good. Their are alot of garbage yards there using 4-2-5 to make teams run. I think you can run on us alot with success. Youll average 4-5 yards, with 1-3 break out plays. But I think the strategy is to make you do that over and over and over. Thinking 50% of the time you cant sustain it.
That gives the O time to get ahead, when they fail, with 2-3 minute strikes, and makes you give up the run, and try to pass. At least thats what I am seeing. Eventually turns into a shooting match, which we want. But if a team can consistantly run, we are in trouble. No High scoring, fast hitting offence cant counter that. Kills the clock.

I guess some took this thread seriously.:cool:

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back