PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Last edited:
It’s definitely a good year to « have lowered expectations ».

I’d rather see the team build towards another championship. In other words, it’d be more interesting, imo, to go 7-9 and see building blocks in place than go 9-7 or even 10-6 and lose in the first round with no prospect of « becoming an elite team in a few years ». That is why the Cam talk interests me less : there are two scenarios. He plays poorly or he plays well. Even in the « good scenario » he gets to what ? A first or second round loss and leaves for big $ ?

Also, reports of a Stidham injury/Stidham INTs don’t bode well. I’d still rather see what we have w him and choose to move on if he’s a stinker.

Going to be an interesting year regardless. And I have faith in BB (and none in the other AFCE teams) so they might indeed win the division. Even w Hoyer as QB.

Guessing the injury could be a big part of the Ints.
Stidham could start the year PUP.
Also can we just Trade Harry now with a bevy of picks for Beckham.
Or trade him for a fourth send our wide receiver scout to the moon and roll with Ross, Thomas, Edelman, Gunner, Meyers.
Please cut Sanu and trade Harry it’s heartbreaking to see what we could of had besides Harry.
To watch Denver successfully rebuild the offense in 2 seasons is enough to make you sick.
Michel,Harry, it’s time to let someone else buy the groceries.

Or trade him for a fourth send our wide receiver scout to the moon and roll with Ross, Thomas, Edelman, Gunner, Meyers.
Please cut Sanu and trade Harry it’s heartbreaking to see what we could of had besides Harry.
To watch Denver successfully rebuild the offense in 2 seasons is enough to make you sick.

C'mon man, you've been here long enough to know Stidham can't go on PUP.

NKeal Harry on his way to being a bust

I thought Covid changed those rules

I think there would be a roster spot opened up if he got COVID but not in the event of a football injury.

Just breathe in and breathe out. The first proper week of camp isn't even over yet. There is no reason to move on from anyone just yet.

May explain the first day performance compared to the others

He has practiced and thus cannot go on PUP.

Maybe. But it’s not as if that was a great draft for WRs or anything.

Sarcasm I hope. Will feel even sicker seeing the half dozen WRs picked after him continue to shine.

Sarcasm I hope. Will feel even sicker seeing the half dozen WRs picked after him continue to shine.

Definitely sarcasm. It was one of the richest WR classes in decades and Bill picked a dude with tank ass syndrome who had trouble separating in the PAC-12.

Definitely sarcasm. It was one of the richest WR classes in decades and Bill picked a dude with tank ass syndrome who had trouble separating in the PAC-12.

Minor correction, it was McDaniels behind Harry and Michel. Just like with Maroney and Chad Jackson.

Last edited:
Minor correction, it was McDaniels behind Harry and Michel. Just like with Maroney and Chad Jackson.
McDaniels might have made the suggestion but Bill picks the groceries and makes the final decisions in the end. The buck stops with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST