PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never like to hear about new injuries, but glad to hear that that's the reason Stidham suddenly became an interception machine. Hopefully he'll recover soon and fully.
He's out if talk of several weeks is accurate. That was the fastest QB competition in history, unless anyone thinks Hoyer can play better than Cam.

Go 10-6 and pick about 18-20th in the draft, or experience less success, go 7-9, and pick 13-15th in the draft. Given that BB has his own "short list" of good fit players every year that never seems to match the list of so-called experts, I'd expect that in most cases the player taken at 13 would be the player taken at 18. If not, BB would move up/move down as needed. I also would not expect player usage to alter much, in terms of "testing the young guys more, if we suck", since that doesn't seem to be in the franchise's DNA.

Upshot...I see no benefit from being middling. We won't all-out tank, so we might as well hope like hell to win all that we can, and let the chips fall where they may in the postseason.
I see your point and agree.
Was putting out theoretical : would rather cheer for a 7-9 team on the upswing than a 10-6 team that loses first playoff game and doesn’t project to improve.

According to the radio talking heads Gilmore is absent from practice for personal reasons, not injury.

According to the radio talking heads Gilmore is absent from practice for personal reasons, not injury.
Hope it’s not Covid.

He's out if talk of several weeks is accurate. That was the fastest QB competition in history, unless anyone thinks Hoyer can play better than Cam.

This is why it was smart to get Cam.

Otherwise Hoyer would be the presumed starter, and the backup would be.. Edelman?

WTF is it with you people. Seriously. It's the guys 2nd training camp. Not his 4th. It was known that Harry was somewhat raw and would need time to improve andTand grow. The lack of patience is absolutely ridiculous. Especially with the unforseen injury last year.

There is raw.

And then there is "Getting outplayed by an UDFA CB from a Division II college converting to WR" raw.

Harry is the 2nd.:poop:

unless anyone thinks Hoyer can play better than Cam.
Ugh, there will be some a**hole on this board that will think that.

I think Hoyer can play better than Cam.

Upshot...I see no benefit from being middling. We won't all-out tank, so we might as well hope like hell to win all that we can, and let the chips fall where they may in the postseason.

Honestly, fcuk tanking and fcuk playing for some possible future that might never come.

I don't primarly watch the Pats to see them win titles. That is a tremendous bonus.

I want to be entertained and enjoy those 2.5h each Sunday. If we end up with a team that goes out in the first round of the playoffs (or wildcard weekend) then I'd be thrilled given the huge transition we are going through.

But I find zero redeeming value in sitting through a season of intended garbage just in the hope of a future that might never come.

Last edited:
There is raw.

And then there is "Getting outplayed by an UDFA CB from a Division II college converting to WR" raw.

Harry is the 2nd.:poop:

Gunner plays a totally different role than Harry. What is the point of comparing those two except to pointlessly whine and point fingers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back