PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams were unable to have their usual off-season activities and forced into a rushed preseason, I would hope they're simply taking extra time with hammy's and strains as not to exacerbate and have them linger.

Teams were unable to have their usual off-season activities and forced into a rushed preseason, I would hope they're simply taking extra time with hammy's and strains as not to exacerbate and have them linger.

Until someone misses at least a week I am not even batting an eye on them being out. When we get to two missed weeks it gets into "concern level territory" because that might lead to IR.

Especially with the way IR is handled his year where you can have unlimited returns and it is only a minimum of 3 weeks you have to sit out. Which would be more or less the range of time for hamstring injuries.

If Giardi's source is correct this ends any low percentage chance Stidham even had to start in the opener.

Just breathe in and breathe out. The first proper week of camp isn't even over yet. There is no reason to move on from anyone just yet.
Not even Harry?

Hip issues in a non-contact week?

Is Bill making the QBs run the hill after practices?

Or has Stid run so many INT punishment laps he already is breaking down?

Glass I. Dowling is wondering as well

Guessing the injury could be a big part of the Ints.
Stidham could start the year PUP.
Also can we just Trade Harry now with a bevy of picks for Beckham.
Or trade him for a fourth send our wide receiver scout to the moon and roll with Ross, Thomas, Edelman, Gunner, Meyers.
Please cut Sanu and trade Harry it’s heartbreaking to see what we could of had besides Harry.
To watch Denver successfully rebuild the offense in 2 seasons is enough to make you sick.
Michel,Harry, it’s time to let someone else buy the groceries.
So, tank for Trevor?

WTF is it with you people. Seriously. It's the guys 2nd training camp. Not his 4th. It was known that Harry was somewhat raw and would need time to improve andTand grow. The lack of patience is absolutely ridiculous. Especially with the unforseen injury last year.

Minor correction, it was McDaniels behind Harry and Michel. Just like with Maroney and Chad Jackson.

Major correction. Bill Belichick drafts the players, not Josh McDaniels. Trying to blame McDaniels for any drafted player is not only unfair, it's ridiculous.

I choose the rest of the nonsense.

However, I would note that this cannot happen. Stidham has practiced and cannot be put on the PUP list.

Stidham could start the year PUP.

it’d be more interesting, imo, to go 7-9 and see building blocks in place than go 9-7 or even 10-6 and lose in the first round...

Go 10-6 and pick about 18-20th in the draft, or experience less success, go 7-9, and pick 13-15th in the draft. Given that BB has his own "short list" of good fit players every year that never seems to match the list of so-called experts, I'd expect that in most cases the player taken at 13 would be the player taken at 18. If not, BB would move up/move down as needed. I also would not expect player usage to alter much, in terms of "testing the young guys more, if we suck", since that doesn't seem to be in the franchise's DNA.

Upshot...I see no benefit from being middling. We won't all-out tank, so we might as well hope like hell to win all that we can, and let the chips fall where they may in the postseason.

Sports radio hot take: Cam has time to choreograph elaborate handshakes, but has yet to learn the playbook? We'll discuss after the break.

Yet to learn the playbook?? Says who??

Never like to hear about new injuries, but glad to hear that that's the reason Stidham suddenly became an interception machine. Hopefully he'll recover soon and fully.

Just has a look at the NFL important dates and the cut off to 53 man rosters is the 5th September , so just over 2 weeks left. I would expect next week to be quite intense for at least the wide recievers from a time perspective and having to go up against the Pats secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes