PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be huge to trade Hoyer for Ebron. Massive upgrade at TE. But I don't think Indy would do it. What reason do we have to believe that Hoyer would be an upgrade over Brissett?

I'm actually more concerned with the OT depth than the weak TE roster. You can scheme around a weakness at tight end; you can't scheme around a weakness at tackle (especially without strong blocking tight ends!)

But there's always a shortage of tackles leaguewide. I'm not expecting another Trent Brown to fall in our laps, but is there at least another LaAdrian Waddle out there?

Would be huge to trade Hoyer for Ebron. Massive upgrade at TE. But I don't think Indy would do it. What reason do we have to believe that Hoyer would be an upgrade over Brissett?

Throw in Dorsett or LaCosse

Please stop. Irsay might be stupid but Ballard is not.
Last thing he needs is to be hosed by the Patriots in a trade after Luck Retires abruptly.
Now if we throw them a second or third maybe you are talking Ebron.
Sad we almost had him.

Well, THIS does it. Burkhead to Houston for a 4th rounder:

The quintessential BB move would be to offer them Sony in exchange for a first round pick (or whatever reasonable compensation, no Clowney is not affordable long term) and just replace him with Harris.

The quintessential BB move would be to offer them Sony in exchange for a first round pick (or whatever reasonable compensation, no Clowney is not affordable long term) and just replace him with Harris.

Since that would be a really stupid move, it's not quintessential BB at all.

They have three more years of control over Sony AFTER this year.

why would they do that?

I'm actually more concerned with the OT depth than the weak TE roster. You can scheme around a weakness at tight end; you can't scheme around a weakness at tackle (especially without strong blocking tight ends!)

But there's always a shortage of tackles leaguewide. I'm not expecting another Trent Brown to fall in our laps, but is there at least another LaAdrian Waddle out there?
I expect we will sign 2 OTs off other teams cuts to the practice squad.
Over the years we’ve developed a lot of OL that way.
Possible we grab a veteran too, maybe making skipper one of the ps OTs.

Harris already seems to have the Willie McGinest bearing. I think he will be one of those Willie/Rodney/Bruschi types in the lockerroom for many years to come.

why would they do that?

Knee? But the Colts know it also - - it's not like it's a secret. But I agree with keeping Sony as long as possible with 3 more years to go at low cap. Burkhead is the one on that group at this point who is a third (or 5th) nipple.

Knee? But the Colts know it also - - it's not like it's a secret.

we knew that with the knee before and he is just coming into his own now

Since that would be a really stupid move, it's not quintessential BB at all.

They have three more years of control over Sony AFTER this year.

why would they do that?

I am not saying I am for it as I am very happy with our RB group. Just pointing out that if the return is good enough (first round+) you can recoup the investment into him, let his chronic knees be someones else's problem and still have a good ground game with Harris, White and Burkhead.

That leaves you with more high picks for the future which will have 5 additional years of cost control. The value could be there depending on how desperate the Texans are. Just playing devil's advocate here.

Given Burkhead's contract, injury history and spot on the depth chart, TE Darren Fells would be likelier compensation level, IMO.

I am not saying I am for it as I am very happy with our RB group. Just pointing out that if the return is good enough (first round+) you can recoup the investment into him, let his chronic knees be someones else's problem and still have a good ground game with Harris, White and Burkhead.

That leaves you with more high picks for the future which will have 5 additional years of cost control. The value could be there depending on how desperate the Texans are. Just playing devil's advocate here.

First, I doubt the Texans would do it, since their first round pick could be the middle of the round.

Second, Michel's injury was a scope - common and nothing too bad. Did you watch the game the other night?

It's very possible that his knee will stop him from having a long career, but he'll still be mid-20's when he comes up for a contract. I expect at least two more years after this one (they might decline the option on an RB) with no problems.

First, I doubt the Texans would do it, since their first round pick could be the middle of the round.

So ? They lost their RB 10 days before the season. Will they go into the season without a competent RB instead ? That is where the "I'd make the call and check their level of desperation" comes in.

Second, Michel's injury was a scope - common and nothing too bad. Did you watch the game the other night?

I watched the game thank you, he looked great and that is the reason why he'd be an ideal trade chip if you wanted an additional first round pick. Sell high and so on, you know ?

Also he has chronic knee issues which people in the know like Lombardi referred to as "bone on bone". To send you your passive aggressive tone back.. Have you even read up anything on Michel ?

Obviously this is a second contract issue, we all know that by now. Well, except for the bozos who keep flipping out every time something happens to him. But getting your initial investment back and then some is a good way to get out of the risk entirely while keeping your options for the Post Brady era open in case Stidham doesn't make the jump that many apparently already fully expect.

Given Burkhead's contract, injury history and spot on the depth chart, TE Darren Fells would be likelier compensation level, IMO.
Why would we want Fells? He sucks.

Because Houston will almost certainly roll with Akins, Warring & Thomas, I would expect nothing less than either TE Jerell Adams - or OT Julien Davenport, if you prefer - AND a high Day 3 pick for Burkhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes