PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade the 1st for Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
putting the cap implications to one side, why not just sign a free agent wide receiver or TE and keep the 1st round pick.

Which would you prefer e.g. Cooper/Green/Sanders/Henry (whoever) and a 1st or Diggs.

This.

When we trade a 1st for Diggs and a $11M cap hit, we are trading him for a 1st round player plus the free agent we might sign at $11M AAV.

As the title suggests would you entertain the idea?

With our luck he'd be arrested for stiffing the Uber driver who brought him to his wife's sister's house where he was going to "party" with her to celebrate the trade.

With our luck he'd be arrested for stiffing the Uber driver who brought him to his wife's sister's house where he was going to "party" with her to celebrate the trade.
I’d def do it if they throw AB in

Draft the next Diggs.

Isnt there anyone in the NE region that knows how to draft the position?

Only if it will bring TB back.

Draft the next Diggs.

Isnt there anyone in the NE region that knows how to draft the position?
no, there is not. Haven't you heard, the offense is too complicated.

have already given up 2nd round pick for Sanu. Can not see them trading 1st rounder unless it was for a top tier QB.

You spelled Kittle wrong bro.

With the circumstances of this offseason, there are maybe 10 guys I’d trade a first round pick for and then pay big money to. Diggs is nowhere near that list.

I'd give a 1st rd pick for Henry or CMC.

I'd give a 1st rd pick for Henry or CMC.
You could sign Henry in a month without giving up any compensation since he is a free agent. As for McCaffrey, one can assume that their price would be much steeper than a first round pick. After all, they selected him with the #8th overall pick, he’s on a rookie contract for another two seasons, and he’s arguably the best dual threat RB in the league.

Not sure why their respective organizations would trade these players, but perhaps BB could work something out:

Chris Godwin -TB
Cooper Kupp - LAR
Kenny Golladay- DET

Not sure why their respective organizations would trade these players, but perhaps BB could work something out:

Chris Godwin -TB
Cooper Kupp - LAR
Kenny Golladay- DET
I've been secretly hoping we trade for one of these guys all year.

Godwin & Golladay are getting paid, so there's that. And Kupp has 2 ACL's? So you'd be paying a hefty sum but all 3 scream what we need/don't have. Kupp is very underrated. RB with the ball. Great blocker. Tough. Smart.

We need another Edleman, Kupp type in the worst way.

Remember Taylor Price??

What would the price be for Evan Engram? He’s a FA after the season is something like our 1st for Engram and a 3rd reasonable?

Chris Godwin -TB
Cooper Kupp - LAR
Kenny Golladay- DET

I didn’t realize that Godwin/Kupp are on there contract years I don’t think either team could afford to pay them after this season. LAR have paid so many people Goff, Donald, Gurley, Woods, and will have to give Ramsey a record breaking deal next year. Add no 1st for the coming two drafts they’d be smart to deal him for a first at 26 and his elite play I’d throw a 1st and some easily at him.

I think Godwin would be harder to get

have already given up 2nd round pick for Sanu. Can not see them trading 1st rounder unless it was for a top tier QB.

Too bad we didn't spend the 2nd rounder on Diggs instead.

An extra $5m for an actual legit NFL WR :(

Remember Taylor Price??

??? I mean I'm not exactly a guru on every football roster beyond NE but even I recognize every name on the list... it's quite a list of wasted talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes