PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no way they deal a first for him, unless they get draft capital back in exchange.

Folks suggest that TB give back a second.

This kind of analysis is nuts. This would mean getting Howard for a 10 place move in the draft. We have to understand that our #1 is a couple of spots away from a #2 from a team like the jets or MIA.
======
I suspect that we will need to give a first. I suppose that we might give a 1st and 2 thirds and bring back a second.

Looking at the contract it’s not as bad after the 2020 season. Not much dead money after that.

Right...meaning you can dump after next season. If you keep him for 2021 and 2022, 13.5 and 15M cap hits. So you’re trading for a guy who you can overpay for a year and a half.

So many wants. What about my want? I just want to get laid!

Darnold to Buffalo
Allen to Miami
Rosen to NY Jets

Think it’s a win all the way around

People here never seem to remember the contracts that go along with players. Bell signed a huge contract that hits next year. He signed with the jets, so obviously no one else was offering anything else close. Why would a team give a high draft pick to get him now, with that awful contract.

Opposite with Howard, rookie contract 2 1/2 years remaining completely team friendly deal. His contract makes him much more valuable than Bell, I would argue.

Sanders vs Sanu is the same, Sanders a free agent next year is worth less than Sanu who is under contract next year at a reasonable contract.

So If Lev Bell was traded the cap hits to his new teams are as follows - $1.7, $13.5, $11.5, $13m. Not sure who would want to take that cap hits with the offering of the Draft capital that the Jets want. One team could be the colts, but not sure they would part with a 1st for Bell..

So, suppose the only way to get OJ Howard is to trade one of their corners. Considering they have a lock down player in Gilmore, and JaJuan Williams in the wings...do you make that trade?

Who would you give up?

I guess the question is whether a RB can be worth $13M a year. I would think that, if a team had a franchise QB, and had the cap room, the answer is a definite "yes",

Let’s think this one through....

There was no market this offseason for Bell, other than the one and only New York Jets, who badly outbid themselves.

Bell has been a bust in every conceivable way. Not just 3.2, but also below 5 yards per target as a receiver.

Facepalm.gif

Sure, but stockpiling picks is different than tanking, and tanking was the claim that was being made.

Jets just SUCK. They don't even need to intentionally suck to be bad. Then again it's hard to tell if they are trying or not because they are in such a deep state of SUCKitude. ;P

So, suppose the only way to get OJ Howard is to trade one of their corners. Considering they have a lock down player in Gilmore, and JaJuan Williams in the wings...do you make that trade?

Who would you give up?
Teams who arent doing well usually don't want to get players back when they trade.

Let's wait n see. We'll know in 4 hours or less.

Anything below a 2nd n I wouldn't like it.

Wasn't there almost no competition for him with the Jets being the only players?

If some team valued him at a 1st round level they would have pursued him in the offseason when he could have been had for the price of his contract.

a team would take Bell because the signing bonus has been already paid

People here never seem to remember the contracts that go along with players. Bell signed a huge contract that hits next year. He signed with the jets, so obviously no one else was offering anything else close. Why would a team give a high draft pick to get him now, with that awful contract.

Wonder if Detroit would consider him. He’s easily better than Gordon.

Is this a hint he’s coming to the Patriots?

Folks suggest that TB give back a second.

This kind of analysis is nuts. This would mean getting Howard for a 10 place move in the draft. We have to understand that our #1 is a couple of spots away from a #2 from a team like the jets or MIA.
======
I suspect that we will need to give a first. I suppose that we might give a 1st and 2 thirds and bring back a second.

How is it nuts for a player that doesn't have any playing time. Furthermore going by the usual draft value chart 10 spots from 32 down are approximately the value of a 3rd comp pick AND a pick which gives the Bucs someone with a fifth year option. This is also where another third round pick comes in.

Again we are not talking a consistent contributor but someone who can't get on the field. This is not Brandin Cooks and the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back