PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats needed to do something... they didn’t. We’re all going to be upset when the offense has a REALLY off game, or god forbid Edelman (who’s already hurt) is too damaged to go on
Excellent first post. Glad you brought the “A” game because you needed to do something...and you did!

So according to Belichick, cap space was main reason for not being able to conduct a trade. So much for cap space is not an impediment crew. :rolleyes:

I don't see why we need to make any trades at all...
Surely you can't be serious.
I don't think another receiver and/or TE is critical. Having a healthy, and effective, left tackle will make a huge difference. The issue is he's not available until Dallas. And it's fair to wonder if Wynn is going to be injury prone going forward.
Agree about the LT need, but acquiring another TE was indeed critical...

...TB probably wanted at least a 1st. And that isn't worth it...

Exactly. I think if they asked for a reasonable haul, then Howard would have been a Pat.
If TB asked only for a 1st-rounder, then that should've been reasonable enough.

So while posters were on this thread all day anxiously biting their nails and waiting for the trade to happen (looking at you Chris), BB wasn't involved at all in any trade discussion. Lmao

SmartSelect_20191030-165519_Firefox.jpg

Surely you can't be serious.

Agree about the LT need, but acquiring another TE was indeed critical...

If TB asked only for a 1st-rounder, then that should've been reasonable enough.
A first round pick is not reasonable for what the player has achieved to date and I would have been surprised if Bill had given up that much.

Our team for the most part (forget Easly) does very well on first rounder. I would not want to give up 4-5 years of a patriots 1st round grade player for <3 years of Howard.

I think the name Howard has been thrown around like he is the best thing since sliced bread. I think people are overestimating his skills and utility to our offense. He is a good player. Don't get me wrong. I just do not think he is first round good.

I'd add Burkhead to the list.

In any case, this is a fine group of receivers. If we lose games, it is unlikely to be because of the quality of play of receivers.

Our problem is blocking, by the OL and by the FB and backup TE .

So the options in the passing game going forward (barring injury) in no particular order...

Edelman
Sanu
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers
Watson
White

Not ideal, but not the worst Brady has had. He should be able to get the job done with that and our defense so long as we can stabilize the OL.

So while posters were on this thread all day anxiously biting their nails and waiting for the trade to happen (looking at you Chris), BB wasn't involved at all in any trade discussion. Lmao

View attachment 24952
He’s lying. He was trying to figure out how many first round picks to give up for an underachieving player who could end up being an outright bust.

View attachment 24952

He was asked that question and almost sh!t himself when he realized the deadline was yesterday and not today.

...Any moves yet? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back